An exciting opportunity to be a number 2 in the finance team. The role will be varied and includes everything from transactional level up to senior stakeholder involvement.
Our client is a well established consultancy business which boosts group revenues of over £700 million.
The Management Accountant role encompasses but is not limited to:
- Production of monthly management accounts.
- Complete monthly balance sheet reconciliations.
- Monthly P&L analysis and variance reporting to budget.
- Preparation of weekly KPIs.
- Preparing and processing of accruals and prepayments.
- Overseeing daily bank posting and preparation of month end bank reconciliations.
- Fixed asset maintenance and monthly depreciation calculation.
- Reviewing and authorising proposed payments.
- Management of client rebates.
Closely assisting the Financial Controller:
In the year-end process including liaison with the Group's auditors. In the timely and accurate external reporting including the production of the statutory financial statements in accordance with UK GAAP and latest pronouncements. In month end reporting and analysis, including budgeting. In the production, timely submission and payment of VAT returns, PAYE, pension contributions, corporation tax, HMRC and other such requirements. Implementing and maintaining robust internal controls, processes and procedures. Improve cooperation and communication with business unit finance leaders.
- ACCA/CIMA qualified will consider QBE
- Strong computer literacy with excellent Excel skills.
- Process strong organisational and time management skills.
- Ability to interact and communicate well within the business and externally to finance and non-finance personal.
- Ability to work independently and with a team in a fast-paced and high volume environment with emphasis on accuracy and timeliness.
The individual will have the opportunity of using their accountancy skills to influence business process. This work hard/ play hard culture will fit with an individual seeking a new challenge.