Exciting opportunity for an experience Financial Controller to join a Chippenham based organisation at a very exciting time.
Our leading housing client, based in Chippenham are looking to appoint a Financial Controller to their team. The position will act as Chief Financial Accountant for the organisation, whilst leading large transactional processing teams.
Purpose of Role:
- Act as Statutory Financial Accountant for the organisation.
- Provide timely and accurate financial information as required by management and relevant bodies.
- Provide efficient day to day management of the income, fixed assets, insurance and payments processing functions.
- Ensure compliance and commit to process improvement and deliver change, where required, in financial controls, policies and procedures.
- Lead on and coordinate the effective preparation and consolidation of the annual statutory accounts for the organisation. Liaise with External Audit as necessary and comply with all statutory and legal requirements.
- Liaise with the Finance Managers to ensure the effective production of annual accounting information as required for the year end, management team, the Board and committee.
- Critically review expenditure and forecasts in partnership with budget managers.
- Plan and ensure preparation and submission of the group Corporation Tax and Gift Aid schedules and the timely submission of group VAT returns and Partial Exemption calculation.
- Lead on the periodic re tendering of the organisation insurance tender. Review the range and extent of the Association's insurance cover as part of the annual renewal process.
- Effective management of the ledger functions.
- Participate in the development and enhancement of the accounting system, including the review of information produced, the efficiency of the processes and full integration with the other IT systems.
- Recommend streamlining any accounting process where appropriate and highlight any potential problem areas.
- Assist in the management of the organisations cash flow in accordance with the treasury management policy.
The ideal candidate for the Financial Controller will:
- Be a Qualified Accountant - ACCA / ACA / CIMA or equivalent
- At least 3 years experience of working in finance.
- Experience of managing a large number of transcational staff.
Strong working knowledge of company structures, treasury management, tax strategies, financial & management accounts production, budgeting & re-forecasting, working capital cost control, finance process & systems change.
Excellent knowledge of FRS102 statutory reporting, Registered Provider SORP and of UK and International GAAP and accounting standards.
Understanding of financial ledgers and accounting entries
- Housing experience would be desirable.
By joining the organisation as Financial Controller, you'll receive the following:
- A salary of up to £53,000
- Flexible working
- Defined contribution pension scheme
- competitive holiday, increasing with years service.
Our clients office is based in Chippenham, which is commutable from Swindon, Bristol, Bath, Trowbridge, Yeovil, Corsham, Devises, Cirencester and Malmesbury.