Head of Financial Reporting
Well known Trowbridge based not for profit organisation are looking to appoint a Head of Financial Accounting in to their finance team.
Our client are a well known education institution in Trowbridge, based in an accessible location with free parking. Their offices are commutable from Trowbridge, Chippenham, Melksham, Sailsbury, Warminster, Frome, Westbury, Bath and Bristol.
Key responsibilities for the Head of Financial Reporting position:
- Lead the preparation of the organisations financial reporting, including its management accounts, forecasts, and annual financial statements.
- Play a key role in preparing the annual budget and half yearly financial plans.
- Lead, development and review systems within the Finance Team to improve effectiveness, efficiency, and value for money.
- Contribute to quality improvement within the Finance Team by providing advice and support to two Management Accountants.
- Carry out staff appraisals and set individual and Team targets.
- Produce fully reviewed drafts of the management accounts, forecasts, budgets, and annual financial statements, undertaking variance analysis, analytical reviews and discussions with Managers, as appropriate.
- Devise and publish the monthly timetable for the production of the management accounts, ensuring that the Finance Team are aware of their contributing requirements.
- Produce the year-end closure timetable for the annual financial statements, undertaking and delivering associated training with Finance staff.
- Assist with developing monitoring systems to improve the quality and timeliness of the organisations management accounts, budgeting, forecasting and financial statements preparation.
The successful candidate for the Head of Financial Reporting position will:
- Be a qualified accountant (CIMA, ACCA, ACA or equivalent.)
- Have previous experience operating at a Senior Level within Management Accounting.
- Experienced line manager, with the ability to train, mentor and develop more junior staff members.
- Some short travel across Wiltshire may be required ad-hoc.
On offer for the successful candidate for the Head of Financial Reporting position is:
- A competitive basic salary
- Final Salary Pension Scheme
- 30 days holiday + bank holidays.