Senior Finance Business Partner
Exciting opportunity for a Qualified Accountant to join a public sector body as Senior Financial Business Partner, responsible for leading the budget setting for the organisation and providing support to non-finance budget holders.
Our client is a not-for-profit social enterprise delivering publicly-funded NHS services in Bristol and the surrounding areas. They provide over 40 different services, ranging from community nursing teams and end of life care to prison healthcare, school nursing, health visiting, diabetes support and physiotherapy.
- Lead budget setting process, ensuring budget information is compiled in an accurate, timely, complete and consistent way.
- Lead production of timely and accurate monthly management accounts.
- Lead analysis of monthly reporting information, including challenging variances to budget and understanding and communicating key trends.
- Lead the provision of high-quality financial management information to facilitate decision making by relevant stakeholders.
- Be responsible for the integrity of all Budget information.
- Develop robust forecasts and ensure effective budget management and monitoring.
- Provide business partner support to allocated teams within the organisation.
- Provide robust challenge to figures included in business cases.
- Undertake sufficient review and checking of monthly financial information.
- Lead the production of accurate financial forecasts.
- Advise on the development of cost savings plans.
- Suggest ways to improve processes, internal controls, data quality and efficiency within the team.
The ideal candidate for the Senior Financial Business Partner position will:
- Be a professionally qualified accountant (ACCA / ACA / CIMA or equivalent.)
- Have demonstrable experience of producing leading the budget setting process for a medium sized organisation.
- Experience in a public sector environment is also desirable but not essential.
- Be able to commute to Central Bristol on a daily basis.
By joining the organisation as Senior Financial Business Partner, you'll be eligible to receive the following:
- A starting salary of £35,000-£40,000 (offered depending on experience.)
- Competitive pension scheme
- Competitive holiday allowance
- Flexible working environment
- Other optional benefits, including Cycle to Work Scheme, Childcare vouchers etc.
Please note that our clients offices are based in Central Bristol, commutable from Bath, Chippenham, Taunton, Weston-Super-Mare, Chipping Sodbury, Stroud, Swindon.