Your new company
Due to the continued expansion of an international retail business, my client is looking to recruit an experienced Chief Financial Officer to be based in Dagenham. This is a fantastic opportunity for a professional to come in and hit the ground running and get involved in setting up processes, structure, teams and systems. The company is looking for an individual who is proactive and adaptable to a changing environment and can help support change. This is a newly created role and a great opportunity for someone to really add value to this company and their own career.
This role will be reporting to the chairman and will help lead and grow the company and implement the companies strategies and goals.
Your new role
- Create a robust finance function
- Set up the financial control and management of the systems
- Communicate and co-ordinate with the regulator financial activities, submit required reporting, defend investment plans and development plans
- Manage financial planning and forecasting in co-ordination with the company directors
- Active involvement in the business planning
- Manage, supervise, and control the company activities in accounting, taxation and audit functions, including accounting office operations, budgeting and financial reporting;
- Control the preparation of the management accounts; examine, review and prepare the reporting on the main trends, opportunities for development and future growth forecasts
What you'll need to succeed
Candidates experience required:
- Professional certification, e.g. ACA/ACCA/CIMA;
- At least 5-years experience of working in a similar industry.
- Ability to supervise and manage a team, ensuring the achievement of objectives/tasks set;
- An experience of working in a multinational and multicultural team.
- Knowledge of taxation matters including corporation tax, VAT & PAYE;
- Be Commercially and Operationally aware.
Professional experience required:
- Technical financial management, including all aspects of financial activities, and development and implementation of an international business including; finance, cost and accounting management system.
- Implementation of strategic decisions and relevant business planning.
- Building a team and its management. Development of employees and knowledge transfer.
- Successful implementation of projects on setting up financial activities within the company, establishing budgeting and reporting system.
- Drafting and presentation of decisions relating to the financial activities.
- Liaising/negotiating with international financial institutions to ensure the financing of the current operations and investments for specific business plans.
What you'll get in return
Highly competitive salary and benefits package.
What you need to do now
If you're interested in this role, click 'apply now' to forward an up-to-date copy of your CV, or call us now.
If this job isn't quite right for you but you are looking for a new position, please contact us for a confidential discussion on your career.