- * To support the Managing Director and the wider business by ensuring that the finance function delivers a strong financial control and reporting environment.
- * Pro-actively and robustly manage the working capital of the business working with operational management to manage and accurately report on funding requirements to external and internal stakeholders.
- * To provide robust and insightful monthly, weekly and daily reporting in a timely manner and analysis to support decision making in the business
- * To develop and maintain the financial systems environment to improve reporting and control efficiency and accuracy
Manufacturing business based in Brighton
- * Producing daily 13 week cashflow forecast ensuring that all factors are incorporated to ensure accurate cashflow management
- * Actively working with management to understand impact of sales forecast to working capital requirements
- * Daily management of invoicing financing funding for business
- * Active management of the sales ledger to ensure that the company's cash position is maximised and its exposure to bad debt is minimised
- * Working with suppliers and customers to support the companies working capital requirements
To develop, manage and maintain a robust reporting regime
- * To deliver accurate financial reporting with an insightful commentary in a timely fashion every month
- * To ensure that all balance sheet accounts are supported by credible reconciliations
- * To provide detailed revenue and margin analysis identifying key areas of opportunities and risks
- * To continually develop the reporting regime to include meaningful financial and non-financial KPIs to support the correct behaviours throughout the business
- * To liaise with and support the external auditors in all matters relating to the completion of the statutory audit
- * To be the main point of contact (internally and externally) for matters concerning the effective operation of the finance function.
- * Actively responsible for the daily management of the sales ledger, purchase ledger and cash book.
- * Ensure that the company is fully compliant with HMRC regulations in the areas of Employment, sales and corporation taxes.
- * Ensuring accurate filing of returns in accordance with statutory deadlines
- * Undertake Ad hoc special projects as
- * ACA, CIMA or ACCA qualified
- * At least 2years experience of working in a fast changing hands on senior management accounting role
- * Forecasting and budgeting
- * Strong track record of staff motivation, management and development
- * Experience of providing insightful management information
- * Strong IT skills including demonstrable experience of using IT to automate processes so as to gain efficiencies
- * Strong written and oral communication skills
- * Able to communicate with credibility and influence at all levels Strong presentational skills
- * Excellent attention to detail coupled with the ability to take a step back and understand the wider picture
- * To be able to work to tight deadlines in a fast paced environment
- * Self motivated and able to prioritise according to business needs
£50,000 - £60,000