Derivatives Senior Analyst, Associate 2
Purpose of Role:
The team in Polanddeals with the complex futures and options processing for the entire European exchange traded derivatives Centre of Excellence. The DerivativesGroup is the central point of contact for the clearing brokers and client service teams on all sites. Its responsibility is to capture and book all business and supplementary business offshored from other State Streetsites.
Other services provided include some cash instructions and the improvement of processes for recording derivative instruments accurately and efficiently
- Ensure that transactions are processed accurately and on time for our clients’ funds. Ensure that the client instructions are processed and reconciled versus clearing broker statements.
- Prepare and plan workloads to ensure client and internal deadlines are met.
- Point of expertise for complex transaction processing.
- Review all reporting produced by the Associates.
- Daily communication with the with donor site and other departments to ensure any aged/material items are resolved on a timely basis as per corporate standards.
- Daily communication with Investment Manager on outstanding items in conjunction with Team Leader/ members of the corresponding departments / sites.
- Ensure timely resolution of outstanding issues from other departments, e.g. Fund Accounting, Shareholder Services, and Financial Control.
- Maintaining and fostering a team environment.
- Be involved in the take on of new business and modeling for new fund structures where appropriate, including requirement to actively participate in meetings.
- Introduce and contribute new ideas/procedures to further streamline the operational process.
- Ensure any internal/external audit queries are dealt with in a timely fashion.
- Ensure that relevant reporting is prepared, reviewed and sign-off agreed with the corresponding SSB sites.
- Review Document process flows and procedures.
- Mentoring and development of the team through goal and objective setting
Specific Qualifications / Skills:
- Communicate effectively and accurately in the English language.
- Strong management and organizational skills with a high degree of numeracy.
- Working knowledge of software packages, particularly Microsoft Excel
Level of Education:
- The candidate should have an honors’ degree in a business related field
Previous Level of Experience:
- Previous experience of accounting for unit trusts, OEIC’s or other collective investment schemes preferred but not essential
- Critical Behaviors for Success as defined by the PPR System at Core level
- Ability to work under pressure and to tight deadlines
- Attention to detail crucial
- Skilled communicator, both verbal and written
- Methodical and organized
- Team player
- Ability to work on own initiative
- Good management skills
- Excellent English