Senior Financial Accountant
This Senior Financial Accountant position is a replacement role for a leading healthcare organisation based slightly outside London. The role offers management responsibilities and a clear progression route.
The client is a leading healthcare organisation, with plans to change the way in which they work.
The key responsibilities as a Senior Financial Accountant include:
1. To support the Director of Finance at a local level in the delivery and execution of the Trusts statutory financial duties.
2. To be responsible for the planning and production of the Annual Accounting process.
3. To be responsible for ensuring that the financial accounting team provides a comprehensive financial accounting service to senior managers within the Trust.
4. To provide technical and professional support to directors and senior managers when appropriate, explaining complex, sensitive or contentious financial issues or consequences in a comprehensible and cogent manner, assisting and supporting the strategic decision making process.
5. To establish local processes and procedures to ensure that information is processed in a timely, relevant and accurate manner.
6. To ensure financial control processes are in place and adhered to within the organisation and that they are in line with the Standing Orders and Standing Financial Instructions.
7. To provide necessary financial information and advice where appropriate that supports senior managers in their management of projects.
8. To oversee completion of NHSI, or other departmental/external finance returns and ensure that they are produced accurately and on time.
9. To be responsible for the provision management and development of the General Ledger, the Purchase and Sales Ledgers and associated integrated financial information packages including consideration of alternative financial systems not limited to integration with e procurement and stock accounting systems.
In order to apply for this Senior Financial Accountant role, it is essential that all applicants are qualified either ACA, ACCA or CIMA. The successful candidate will either have experience within audit, or if from industry will have experience of statutory reporting and year end accounting. It is preferred that the successful candidate has healthcare experience, however it is not essential. The role manages a team of three people, therefore management experience is preferred
£50,000 - £55,000 + Benefits
The opportunity for excellent career progression
Flexible working hours