Accounts Payable Clerk
My client based in Cheshunt are looking for an Accounts Payable Clerk with P2P experience to join their leading travel and tourism Electrical Business. As a P2P accounts payable clerk , you will be helping with a significant team in the organisation that operate in the UK for the US regions. The role will be involved in clerical services to support a range of financial activities, reconciliation and control tasks as required within the team.
As a leading company and massive employer in the Cheshunt area, they are a great company for progression, which is proven with the person in this role just being promoted! As a business they deal with a lot of leading technology to improve the way in which our country lives. With the importance of their work they are expanding rapidly, and are set to become a powerhouse in the very near future. The person would be working within the Accounting/Finance team to deliver the necessary accounting and reporting requirements expected within a large complex organisation.
As an accounts payable clerk your role will include:
- To input and match invoices to the Accounts Payable system accurately, on time and to target and carry out supplier statement reconciliations.
- To deal with queries form customers and suppliers in a timely manner
- Liaise with the business to resolve matching issues
- Pays vendors by monitoring discount opportunities; verifying federal id numbers; scheduling and preparing checks; resolving purchase order, contract, invoice, or payment discrepancies and documentation; insuring credit is received for outstanding memos; issuing stop-payments or purchase order amendments.
- Pays employees by receiving and verifying expense reports and requests for advances; preparing checks.
- Maintains accounting ledgers by verifying and posting account transactions.
- Verifies vendor accounts by reconciling monthly statements and related transactions.
- Maintains historical records by microfilming and filing documents.
- Disburses petty cash by recording entry; verifying documentation.
- Reports sales taxes by calculating requirements on paid invoices.
- Protects organization's value by keeping information confidential.
- Updates job knowledge by participating in educational opportunities.
- Accomplishes accounting and organization mission by completing related results as needed.
* Excellent level written and spoken English
* Solid numeracy skills and a great attention to detail is essential
* Previous experience in Accounts Payable, Accounts Receivable or general Accounts Administration / Transaction or data entry is highly recommended but not essential
* Skills in dealing with invoices, archives, documentation and other financial administration is essential
Competitive salary and an excellent package which includes:
- Pension scheme
- Health Care
- Performance related Bonus.