Page Personnel are recruiting an Accounts Assistant for our client; an international art institute based in Central London. Due to their ambitions of growth they are looking to expand their current accountancy function.
Our client is one of the most renowned institutes of Art in Central London. They have various international locations which reflects their commitment to the globalisation of Art and it's markets.
Key areas of responsibilities of the Accounts Assistant are:
- Check current account and Flywire portal on a daily basis for fee income received via wire transfer
- Reconciliation of credit card income received via two merchant accounts
- Daily entry of all wire transfers, credit card and cheque payments onto banking schedule,
- Notify Admissions and Public Programmes of receipts where necessary
- Deal with queries from students and issuing statements from CAMS where necessary
- Attendance to all registration days and issuing students with ID cards
- Credit Control for all outstanding debt, including sending out regular tuition fee reminders via email
- Reconciling monthly income entered onto deferred revenue to the general ledger and CAMS
- Checking and posting of coffee shop takings from weekly reconciliation reports
- Maintenance of the Institute's bank accounts to include daily downloads and monthly
- Maintenance of the Institute's GBP/US$/HK$/€ petty cash accounts
- Issuing foreign currency cash advances to members of staff and faculty who are travelling
- Notify Management Accountant of any currency purchases that may be required from the bank
- Reconciling all petty cash accounts on a monthly basis for checking by Management Accountant
- Monthly Balance Sheet Control Account reconciliations including but not limited to Accruals and prepayments as directed by the Management Accountant
- Provide holiday cover for the part time Accounts Assistant including processing and payment of supplier invoices and staff expense claims as well as ad hoc foreign currency and priority payments
5 GCSE's (A-C), including Math & English.
- Working knowledge of basic accounting principles is essential
- Excellent IT skills, including good working knowledge of word and excel
- Accuracy and good reconciliation skills
- Minimum of 2 year's relevant experience
Additional requirements (desirable)
It is the nature of the Institute that tasks and responsibilities are in many circumstances unpredictable and varied. All employees are therefore expected to work in a flexible way when the occasion arises that tasks, which are not specifically covered in their job description, have to be undertaken. Studying towards a recognised Accounting qualification (AAT, CIMA, ACCA or similar) would be advantageous.
The Salary on offer is £25,000 to £30,000 with additional benefits