Interim Company Accountant £200 per day DOE
Your new company
You will be working for a market leading organisation in the services industry.
Your new role
- Preparation of monthly management accounts for presentation to the Finance Director
- Preparation of any other financial and management reports as required by the Finance Director or Senior Board
- Consolidation of group accounts
- Preparation of year-end financial accounts, year-end audit information and responsible for yearly financial audit
- Responsible for all bank and cash transactions, including automated accounts payable settlements via on-line payment systems
- Maintenance and provision of cashflow forecasting for the Finance Director
- Full responsibility for transactional accounts in all ledgers and for P&L and Balance Sheet accounts
- Monthly analysis and reconciliation of Balance Sheet accounts inclusive of intercompany balances, accruals & prepayments, etc
- Producing variance analysis against expected results/budget and working closely with department heads and the Senior Board to interpret results
- External returns - Quarterly VAT return/reconciliations and compliance with National Statistics requests
- Dealing with all elements of Corporation tax
- Dealing with ad-hoc reporting requirements
- Processing of monthly payroll file
What you'll need to succeed
- Significant experience in a comparable Company Accountant role
- Excellent attention to detail
- Proven background in the preparation and management accounts and financial reporting
- The ability to clearly and concisely explain management and financial accounts information with non-accounting board members and other stakeholders
- The ability to confidently communicate with individuals at all levels throughout the organisation
- The ability to understand and deliver the requirements of the Finance Director and the Senior Board
- Good people management skills
- Advanced Excel skills
What you'll get in return
You will receive market leading remuneration. For the right candidate this opportunity may progress into a permanent role.
What you need to do now
If you're interested in this role, click 'apply now' to forward an up-to-date copy of your CV, or call us now.
If this job isn't quite right for you but you are looking for a new position, please contact us for a confidential discussion on your career.