An exciting financial accountant role for a highly driven, qualified accountant. The opportunity to work within a market leading retailer whilst getting full exposure to the industry.
Our client is:
- A market leading retailer that has multiple divisions within the company and are currently expanding into new markets.
- Currently undergoing a business wide transformation programme
- They are a highly acquisitive company that have rapidly expanded their retail presence of the past 5 years and also have a strong 5 year growth plan in place.
- As a business they encourage a very relaxed work environment and have a culture of flexible working to allow for an excellent work-life balance.
- Have a widely renowned benefits package in place for all employees.
The key responsibilities of this role are:
- Support the Financial Controller in the managing the balance sheet and working capital position of the funerals business, proactively challenging perceived weaknesses in controls.
- Support the Financial Controller in the timely and accurate preparation of the periodic and annual submissions to Group Finance/Group Tax teams.
- Production of balance sheet reconciliations and ensure appropriate and timely action is completed to clear reconciling items, review a number of critical reconciliations prepared by others.
- Preparation of the groups quarterly VAT return to HMRC via the Group Tax team which requires understanding of complex compliance rules.
- Support the Financial Controller in managing the business relationship with internal and external audit.
- Support the Financial Controller with the preparation and submission of periodic actual divisional results and the quarterly and annual forecasts and budgets for group reporting purposes.
- Support the Financial Accountant in the preparation of the annual statutory accounts and Tax returns.
- Work on ad-hoc projects as and when directed by the Financial Controller.
The successful candidate will be:
- Qualified accountant ACA/CIMA/ACCA or qualified by experience
- Previous experience of financial accounting including preparation of balance sheet reconciliations and profit and loss analysis
- VAT returns and Tax analysis
- Able to develop solutions to financial problems
- Excellent computer skills, with a sound knowledge of Microsoft Office packages
- High level of drive and commitment
- Commercial and customer awareness
- Numerate and detail conscious
The role offers:
- A competitive salary and excellent benefits package
- A flexible working environment giving an easily manageable work-life balance.
- The opportunity for career progression
- The opportunity to interact with a diverse range of internal stakeholders.