Capital Regulatory Reporting
A regulatory reporting role in the Capital Team at a large investment bank based in the City of London.
Huge opportunities for growth and progression with the company.
MINIMUM 3 Years experience in a relevant role, Reg reporting or Market Risk.
A growing Investment Bank providing a wide range of services includes sales and trading in both debt and equity securities, the underwriting of new issues and M&A advisory services. They are authorised by the Prudential Regulation Authority (PRA) and regulated by the Financial Conduct Authority (FCA) and the Prudential Regulation Authority.
- Production, control, and variance explain of the daily, weekly and periodic reporting processes including components of capital, Leverage ratio and large exposure reports.
- Prepare and assist with the monthly / quarterly production Bank of England Statistical reporting as required, associated explanation and controls.
- Quarterly production of FSA legacy returns (FSA001, FSA002, FSA014, FSA015, and FSA017) with detailed variance analysis.
- Assist with the quarterly preparation of CoRep Prudential reporting as required, associated explanation and controls.
- Provide key input in the form of testing, subject matter expertise, analysis and review in respect of process change and improvement (both tactical and strategic), also assistance with user acceptance testing for the new PRA COREP templates and BoE returns, e.g. system upgrades.
- Assist in the automation of the daily / monthly/ quarterly processes, when required, develop/prototype new tactical processes, models and improve controls.
- Pro-actively liaise with Regulatory Reporting Project team, ISD members and financial reporting members to ensure that the relevant reporting is consistent and controlled and delivered to the required level of accuracy.
- Deepen team knowledge base on the Capital Requirements Regulations/CRDIV, specifically in relation to counterparty, specific and general interest rate risk, Leverage and Large Exposures and demonstrate ability to apply knowledge to reporting.
- Document processes as necessary and ensure control processes remain fit for purpose and where necessary be able to design suitable controls to improve the overall control framework.
- Graduate with 2:1 or above in a relevant field.
- Studying towards ACCA, CIMA or ACA
- Previous experience in the regulatory finance area (MINIMUM 3 Years) within an investments bank or similar financial institution.
- Strong operational and financial knowledge of investment banking products e.g. Repo, Fixed Income bonds, equities and derivatives.
- Demonstrable process change and control improvement experience.
- Demonstrable experience of stakeholder interaction and influencing skills.
- Previous work experience where candidate had to meet tight deadlines and take responsibility and ownership for their output.
- Candidates must be able to demonstrate an ability to develop new skills and build knowledge of products including bonds, equities, swaps, options, and credit default products, including the economics of these products.
The successful candidate will receive between £40,000-£55,000 (depending upon experience) alongside a Study Support package and great benefits.