Finance Analyst, FTSE 100 Real Estate and Retail Business
This FTSE 100 real estate business operates across Europe and has strong links within its portfolio to retail, they are growing and a leader in their field. This role sits within one of the subsidiaries, with huge exposure to retailers and the stores that operate as part of the business.
- Review monthly financial reports and KPIs to ensure results are in line with expectations. Understand and challenge year to date performance and be able to explain results to senior management.
- Prepare analysis on the retail results to explain variances against budget, forecast or prior year and on a quarterly basis prepare formal variance analysis to support group and joint venture reporting.
- Attend site visits
- Support the Financial Controller and COO with ad hoc analysis for Investor presentations, acquisitions and disposals.
- Assist the Financial Controller with the preparation of the 5 year Plan and take responsibility for updating the model.
- Develop effective relationships with the internal team and with the Group Finance team, with timely and accurate communication of analysis and results.
- Maintain the reporting model to ensure accuracy of results, and support the Financial Controller, in transitioning quarterly reporting into an upgraded consolidation system.
- Ensure the consolidation is compliant with IFRS and the Group's accounting policies. In conjunction with the Financial Controller, fully understand and resolve any incorrect accounting treatments.
- Prepare disclosure notes for the Half Year and Year End Group Accounts, and liaise with external auditors so that the Half Year and Year End audit work is completed with no unadjusted reported errors.
You will be a fully qualified ACA accountant that has strong technical understanding that can be evidenced through experience, a background within the Big 4 would be highly beneficial. An eye on the bigger picture and the ability to effectively liaise with stakeholders at all levels is crucial to this role. You will also need excellent excel skills with modelling capabilities an advantage.
Your attitude to delivering work at a high level is important to this position and will be assessed at all stages of the interview process.
Salary £50,000 - £60,000 + up to 25% bonus, pension, healthcare