Business Manager - Global Private Banking
If you're looking for a role that will help you stand out at HSBC, take a look at how you can fulfil your potential.
HSBC Private Bank seeks to be the leading international private bank for business owners and their families. It provides clients with wealth, business and family succession solutions in the largest and fastest growing markets around the world. At HSBC Private Bank, we put our clients at the centre of everything we do.
We are currently seeking a high caliber professional to join our team as Business Manager.
In this role, you will
- Provide administrative and management support to the Global Market Head enabling them to execute the global Private Banking strategy and plan effectively and efficiently in a risk and regulatory compliant manner.
- Take primary responsibility for non client related areas, with the appropriate authority to take and implement decisions and request involvement from colleagues and relationship managers as needed
- Assist in the implementation of the business plan for the geographic region to achieve established growth and profitability objectives, assist in the direction of high calibre private bankers to deepen existing client relationships and establish new ones.
- Recruit, train and develop high calibre talent to strengthen the business management team.
- Maintain HSBC internal control standards, including timely implementation of internal and external audit points together with any issues raised by external regulators
- Ensure that all business management functions and procedures are adhered to and that strong working relationships are developed and maintained with all other Business Support and functional teams
- Provide quarterly market reports and brief overviews on countries of interest
To be successful in this role, you should meet the following requirements
- Experience in Business Management within banking and financial institution.
- Work knowledge of industry regulations and best practices.
- University degree or equivalent combination of education and work experience.
- Able to work independently
- Can do and problem solving attitude
- Commercially minded
- Fluency in English, other languages is an advantage
- Confident communicator
- Experience working in cross functional teams
The chosen candidate for this role will be required to undergo enhanced vetting. Subject to local laws, this will require the individual to satisfactorily pass a series of additional checks as part of the recruitment process and on an ongoing basis, if appointed to the role. HSBC Group reserves its position with regard to any steps which it may take in relation to any material adverse findings which arise either when the checks are originally completed, and/or if relevant, on an ongoing basis. For more information about the enhanced vetting for this role please contact the recruiter for this role.
For further details and application information please visit our career site, search under reference number 00009K5V
You'll achieve more when you join HSBC.
HSBC is committed to building a culture where all employees are valued, respected and opinions count. We take pride in providing a workplace that fosters continuous professional development, flexible working and opportunities to grow within an inclusive and diverse environment. Personal data held by the Bank relating to employment applications will be used in accordance with our Privacy Statement, which is available on our website.
Issued by The Hongkong and Shanghai Banking Corporation Limited