TRAINEE: Trade Commodity Finance
SG CIB is the Corporate and Investment Banking arm of the Societe Generale Group. Present in over 50 countries across Europe, the Americas and Asia. SG CIB provides corporate, financial institutions, investors and public sector clients with value-added integrated financial solutions.
Trade Commodity Finance is a strong business line housed under the overall platform of Natural Resources with a worldwide presence in various countries. Commodity business is a core stream within SG. Trade Commodity Finance team are active in a full range of Commodities, ranging from oil, metal, to agri-products, and provide trade financing / structured solutions to Commodity traders as well as producers.
This Trainee is to support the daily operations of the Department for business development and to assist the Marketing Officers to maintain an efficient infrastructure for the monitoring of financed transactions.
- To liaise with different internal departments to complete various reporting requirements
- To assist preparation of security and other related documents
- To follow up the flow of financed transactions
- To prepare minutes for internal meetings
- To obtain and collect market / industry information and prepare analysis of market update
- To assist preparation of credit application
- Hold a relevant Bachelors or Masters degree in Finance, Economics, Business or similar
- Knowledge on computer software and applications (i.e. Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Access, VBA)
- Basic banking, accounting and finance knowledge
- Reliable and cooperative with good team spirit
- Pro-active and willing to take challenge
- Fluency in English, Cantonese and Mandarin (written and spoken) is mandatory
This is a fixed term 12 month Trainee contract with Societe Generale. You will form part of the team on a full time basis. In order to apply for the Trainee position please ensure you have completed your qualification and will be available to work full time for the duration of the Trainee contract.