Manager / Senior Manager - International Tax Services - Tax & Business Advisory Services...
The Deloitte China network of firms, backed by the global Deloitte network, deliver a full range of audit, consulting, financial advisory, risk advisory and tax services to local, multinational and growth enterprise clients. We are one of the leading professional services providers in this marketplace with 21 offices in Beijing, Hong Kong, Shanghai, Changsha, Chengdu, Chongqing, Dalian, Guangzhou, Hangzhou, Harbin, Hefei, Jinan, Macau, Nanjing, Shenyang, Shenzhen, Suzhou, Tianjin, Ulaanbaantar, Wuhan and Xiamen in China.
The Deloitte purpose is about making an impact that matters to our clients. Our extensive service spectrum enables us to help clients become leaders wherever they choose to compete. Deloitte is committed to investing in our people and empowers them to achieve more than they could elsewhere. Our work combines advice with action and integrity. We believe that when our clients and society are stronger, so are we.
To learn more about how Deloitte makes an impact that matters in the China marketplace, please connect with our Deloitte China social media platforms via www2.deloitte.com/cn/en/social-media.
About Tax & Business Advisory Services
Deloitte China Tax and Business Advisory is the only Big Four practice that works As One across Greater China Region including the Chinese Mainland, Hong Kong, Macau and Taiwan with nearly 2,500 tax people to advise and assist clients concerning tax and business issues. It is also a Tier One tax practice in Chinese Mainland, Hong Kong and Taiwan (International Tax Review's World Tax 2014).
For this role, you will report to the Partners or Senior Managers and be responsible for assisting them on advising clients on International Tax Services. The work includes:
Work closely with Partners or Senior Managers responsible for developing the US Tax Consulting practice as well as in the management of an International Tax team, including delegating and reviewing work, managing staff workload and mentoring;
Provide US and International Tax Consulting services to local and international clients in various sectors.
- Degree holders in Accounting, Economics, Finance or related disciplines, with a full membership of recognized professional body, preferably with US AICPA;
- A minimum of 5 (for Manager) / 8 (for Senior Manager) years of relevant US tax experience with industries, tax authorities and/or an international accounting firm;
- Experience in FATCA and CRS projects;
- Experience in providing US tax consulting services on inbound and outbound issues, including controlling foreign corporations, passive foreign investment companies, US trade or business and effectively connecting income;
- Experience in US tax planning on cross-border acquisitions and reorganizations, familiar with tax issues on tax due diligence, investment structures, outbound transfers and expatriations;
- Experience in providing US tax planning services in relation to investment funds, including advice on the fund structures for US taxable and tax exempt investors, review of the Private Placement Memorandums and the related documentation;
- Experience in managing and supervising US tax compliance engagements, including Form 1065, Form 1120, Form 8865, Form 5471, etc.;
- Experience in reviewing US tax provisions under US GAAP, including ASC 740;
- Excellent business sense and marketing skills;
- Excellent presentation, planning, analytical, problem solving and organization skills;
- Initiative, commitment and motivation;
- Good leadership and project management skills;
- Excellent interpersonal and communication skills with ability to work with staff at all levels in a dynamic and challenging environment;
- Excellent command of spoken and written English and Chinese (including both Cantonese and Mandarin).
Deloitte Touche Tohmatsu in Hong Kong is the DTTL member firm in China. Deloitte China practice operates in Mainland China, Hong Kong and Macau through Deloitte Touche Tohmatsu in Hong Kong and its affiliates including Deloitte Touche Tohmatsu Certified Public Accountants LLP in Mainland China, Deloitte Touche Tohmatsu and Deloitte Touche Tohmatsu - Sociedade de Auditores in Macau. Deloitte Touche Tohmatsu in Hong Kong and its affiliates operating in Mainland China, Hong Kong and Macau are collectively referred to as Deloitte China.
Requisition code: CN138587