Manager, Vetting and Staff Risk Asia Pacific - Global Risk
If you're looking for a role where you can continue to make an impression, take the next step at HSBC where your contributions will always be valued.
Global Risk is a thriving and expert risk management function supporting HSBC globally with all aspects of risk management. The team actively manages a varied and dynamic range of risk types, including security, fraud, information security, contingency, geopolitical, operational, credit, pension, insurance, financial crime and regulatory compliance, market and reputation risks. All parts of the Global Risk team use their skills, insight and integrity to handle established threats and those they see emerging, acting to protect and enable HSBC to deliver sustainable growth.
We are currently seeking a high caliber professional to join our team as Manager, Vetting and Staff Risk Asia Pacific.
In this role, you will
- Leads vetting activities for Insider Risk in the region. Operational oversight of vetting activity.
- Responsible for vetting delivery via onshore staff.
- Responsible for engagement with the global business and global function in the region to ensure effective staff vetting process and result.
- Regional coordination of vetting and vetting oversight. Reporting of staff vetting activity. Prepare and generate Regional Management Information for Staff Vetting.
- Support regional implementation of vetting procedures and drive continuous improvements.
- Relationship management of vetting process suppliers.
- Engagement with local regulators to ensure compliance with local regulatory environment.
- Support training and communications definition and delivery within the region. Facilitate Insider Risk Mandatory Training.
- Support and assist Senior Vetting and Staff Risk Manager in engaging with global business and global function stakeholders in the region to ensure adequate staff risk controls are in place and operating effectively, identify and assess existing Insider Risk controls and, areas of Insider Risk vulnerability, and to propose new regional and Group controls.
- Facilitate the production of Regional Management Information for Insider Risk. Lead Engagement with global business and global function to develop new and high quality Management Information data flows
- Assist regional stakeholders in the interpretation of policies and procedures and how best to embed them into their operational structure.
To be successful in this role, you should meet the following requirements
- Good knowledge of the external environment, including regulatory, political, competitors, et cetera.
- Good knowledge of Staff Vetting, including functionally, operationally and financially.
- An understanding of Insider Risk and how it plays out across the Global Business and Global Functions landscapes within the financial institution structure.
- Proven ability in successfully designing and implementing Staff Vetting initiatives.
- Some record of innovation and of designing and introducing new systems or processes.
- Evidence of successfully managing financial plans.
- High level of drive and motivation to ensure successful delivery of complex initiatives.
- Proven experience of positive, challenging interactions with management level across the group.
- Proven ability in working across multidisciplinary and multicultural diverse work environments.
- Strong analytical background and proven ability in analytical rigour, including being able to contextualise data into business activities and conclusions.
- Fluency in English, Cantonese and Mandarin languages are essential.
The chosen candidate for this role will be required to undergo enhanced vetting. Subject to local laws, this will require the individual to satisfactorily pass a series of additional checks as part of the recruitment process and on an ongoing basis, if appointed to the role. HSBC Group reserves its position with regard to any steps which it may take in relation to any material adverse findings which arise either when the checks are originally completed, and/or if relevant, on an ongoing basis. For more information about the enhanced vetting for this role please contact the recruiter for this role.
For further details and application information please visit our career site, search under reference number 00009MT8
You'll achieve more when you join HSBC.
HSBC is committed to building a culture where all employees are valued, respected and opinions count. We take pride in providing a workplace that fosters continuous professional development, flexible working and opportunities to grow within an inclusive and diverse environment. Personal data held by the Bank relating to employment applications will be used in accordance with our Privacy Statement, which is available on our website.
Issued by The Hongkong and Shanghai Banking Corporation Limited