People Advisory Services - Individual Tax - Senior/Staff Accountant
People Advisory Services (PAS) shapes and delivers the part of business strategy that depends on people. As a PAS professional, you will have the opportunity to work with global clients to understand and address some of their largest and most complex people-related challenges, and ultimately improve and drive valuable and sustainable business results. We focus on engagements that relate to performance, talent, systems, reward, mobility and analytics.
With so many offerings, you have the opportunity to develop your career through a broad scope of engagements, mentoring and formal learning. That's how we develop outstanding leaders who team to deliver on our promises to all of our stakeholders, and in so doing, play a critical role in building a better working world for our people, for our clients and for our communities.
Your key responsibilities
As a People Advisory Services Senior, you'll make technical contributions to individual tax compliance and tax advisory engagements. You'll actively establish, maintain and strengthen internal and external relationships. You may participate in preparing or reviewing personal income tax returns for clients from diverse and specialized industries; identifying tax savings and risk reducing opportunities for consideration and implementation; and preparing estimated tax liabilities to assist the client in meeting its tax payment obligations.
Skills and attributes for success
- Review international assignment-related calculations such as tax cost projections, tax equalization calculations, hypothetical tax calculations, etc
- Coordinate the delivery of various global mobility and other tax services offered by the firm in a proactive manner that meets/exceeds client expectations
- Perform engagement management activities including billing, scheduling, performance evaluations, mentoring, managing client expectations, and identifying additional client needs/EY opportunities
- Assist Partners and Senior Managers by drafting responses, participating in the proposal process, and identifying new business opportunities
- Establish/maintain long-term collaborative relationships with our clients and internal colleagues
- Develop the client's understanding of Hong Kong and foreign personal tax, compensation and payroll issues and proactively explain implications of recent law changes
- Possess and continually increase understanding of complex expatriate tax issues
- Conduct/review research on various topics such as technical or treaty interpretation/application, regulatory issues
To qualify for the role you must have
- University graduates with a minimum of 2 years compliance & consulting experience with a focus on personal income tax in another international accounting/consulting firm
- Strong technical capabilities in all technical aspects of Hong Kong Individual Income Tax
- Thorough understanding of expatriate and local remuneration packages and general labor market conciliations;
- Extensive experience in managing large client portfolio for both MNCs and local enterprises
- Capable of developing and establishing client relationships and managing the team effectively
- Team player, energetic, mature and flexible
- Good command of spoken and written English and Cantonese. Mandarin an advantage
- Proficiency in MS office
Ideally, you'll also have
Professional accountancy qualification
What we look for
What's most important is that you're dedicated to working with your colleagues as part of a high-performing team. You'll need to thrive in picking up new skills as you go, so natural curiosity, a lot of questions and the confidence to speak up when you see something that could be improved are essential. If you've got the right combination of technical knowledge and communication skills, this role is for you.
What working at EY offers
We offer a competitive compensation package where you'll be rewarded based on your performance and recognized for the value you bring to our business. In addition, our Total Rewards package includes medical and hospitalization benefits, group life and personal accident insurance, annual leave and Mandatory Provident Fund and a range of programs and benefits designed to support your physical and social well-being. Plus, we offer:
Support, coaching and feedback from some of the most engaging colleagues around
Opportunities to develop new skills and progress your career
The freedom and flexibility to handle your role in a way that's right for you
As a global leader in assurance, tax, transaction and advisory services, we're using the finance products, expertise and systems we've developed to build a better working world. That starts with a culture that believes in giving you the training, opportunities and creative freedom to make things better. Whenever you join, however long you stay, the exceptional EY experience lasts a lifetime. And with a commitment to hiring and developing the most passionate people, we'll make our ambition to be the best employer by 2020 a reality.
If you can confidently demonstrate that you meet the criteria above, please contact us as soon as possible.
Join us in building a better working world.