Operational Risk Analyst
The BNP Paribas Group is a leader in banking and financial services, employing over 185,000 people across 75 countries and 5 continents. At BNP Paribas, we work continuously on behalf of our clients, helping them to realise their projects around the world. You can be an important part of this, helping us to serve our clients both in mature and emerging markets, providing them with financial solutions across a diverse range of expertise, products and services. Our origins lie in Europe but nearly a quarter of our employees now work in our multi-award-winning Asian offices and we are a committed player in all APAC markets.
In Asia Pacific, BNP Paribas has been present in the region for over 150 years and plans to grow its business from €2bl EUR to €3bl EUR by the end of 2016. With 9,000 employees in the region and a presence in 14 markets (with 3 main centres in Hong Kong, Singapore and Tokyo), BNP Paribas offers you the chance to grow with us in Asia Pacific.
BNP Paribas has a presence in 75 countries with over 180,000 employees. It ranks highly in its two core activities: Retail Banking and Services as well as Corporate & Institutional Banking.
In Asia Pacific, the BNP Paribas Group is a leading employer with more than 9,500 employees* and a presence in 14 markets. Being one of the largest international banking networks, we strive to employ talented and innovative people who are aligned to our vision and culture.
* excluding partnerships
For the scope of Corporate Banking Business, Operational Risk & Permanent Control 9OPC) staff belongs to the first line of defense defined by Group & CIB Procedures which is responsible for the implementation of an Operational Permanent Control framework covering the identification, measurement and management of Operational Risk.
For the performance of its mission, OPC staff will:
- comply with the regulatory obligations of BNP Paribas, with General Management instructions and with market best practices
- act under the oversight of the independent second level of defense, the Risk ORC teams.
In the above framework, under the responsibility of the Head of OPC for APAC Corporate Banking and in close interaction with the operational management of the related business lines, the key responsibilities are to:
- Support the coordination of New Activity Committee (NAC) & Transaction Approval Committee (TAC) process.
- Support Operational Risk assessments on the underlying activities (identification of operational risk, qualification of the risks, assessment of the control framework) with interaction of operational management
- Support creation / update of control plans for each activity
- Perform OPC control testing, report results, organize regular reviews to set action plans for remediation where relevant
- Consolidate monitoring and analysis of historical incidents and related action plans
- Contribute to country/regional Internal Control Committee and to Permanent Control Reporting
- Follow-up on the implementation of findings/recommendations assigned to the activities under his scope.
- Duty to alert on fraud or significant failures to operational management and Risk ORC APAC.
- Promote operational risk monitoring and control culture.
- Support feedbacks to Heads of activities on risk/controls (report on incidents, validation of control plan, monitoring of recommendations, escalation, proposition of new controls etc.)
- Contribute on regulator enquiries / surveys on Operational Risk and Internal Control
- Participate on ad hoc basis to projects such as Front to Back Risk Assessment, incident investigation, etc.
Technical & Behavioral Competencies
- Follow and spread the BNPP driving forces which are Agility, Client Satisfaction, Compliance Culture and Openness.
- Takes initiative and is results driven
- Strong analytical skills
- Act with integrity
- Strong team player
- Excellent interpersonal and communication skills, able to communicate with senior management
- Show a continuous improvement mindset & problem solving mindset
- Provide excellence in term of quality of deliveries and quality of service
- Able to work under pressure
- Degree or Master Degree
- Past experience in Transaction Banking, familiar with Cash Management / Trade Finance
- Overall 5 to 10 years of experience, with Operational Risk exposure
- Experience in multi-cultural environment