Analyst, Product Control FX Cash
Barclays is a transatlantic consumer, corporate and investment bank offering products and services across personal, corporate and investment banking, credit cards and wealth management, with a strong presence in our two home markets of the UK and the US.
With over 325 years of history and expertise in banking, Barclays operates in over 40 countries and employs approximately 130,000 people. Barclays moves, lends, invests and protects money for customers and clients worldwide . Please visit our website here for more information.
Product Control has a significant presence and role within the organization. There is a close working relationship with the trading desks and other areas focusing on control, service and reporting. We are a central point of contact for many issues that affect the bank including new product approval, model validation and independent verification of derivative valuations. By placing a heavy emphasis on information technology and focusing on project work we are able to address control and operational risks and meet our internal and external obligations
The major duties and responsibilities of the job are:
- Perform daily P&L production, attribution and commentaries of P&L.
- Perform daily control checks such as, but not limited to FOBO's, NAC's, FvF's & Mandate monitoring.
- Understand and perform daily P&L / BS adjustments & substantiations.
- Interfacing and working with traders and other functions. Involvement in projects pertaining to GFX PC.
- Perform trading Balance Sheet processes and reconciliation of Sub-ledgers /GL
- Timely delivery and accurate reporting of P&L to traders and management.
- Participate in projects and efficiency initiatives.
- 2:1 degree or equivalent
- Able to demonstrate and evidence a continued/keen interest in Financial Service
- Works well against tight deadlines in a dynamic and pressurised environment
- Strong attention to detail
- IT literate (Proficient in using MS office Excel, Powerpoint, Words)
- Proactive and is a strong team player
- Analytical problem solving skills
Risk and Control Objective
All Barclays colleagues have to ensure that all activities and duties are carried out in full compliance with regulatory requirements, Enterprise Wide Risk Management Framework and internal Barclays Policies and Policy Standards
Our customers deserve the best. The same goes for our employees. That's why at Barclays you'll receive a range of benefits that include a competitive salary and all the tools, technology and support you need to succeed.
Everything we do is shaped by the five values of Respect, Integrity, Service, Excellence and Stewardship. The values inform the foundations of our relationships with customers and clients, but they also shape how we measure and reward the performance of our employees. Simply put, success is not just about what you achieve, but about how you achieve it.
Dynamic working gives everyone at Barclays the opportunity to integrate professional and personal lives, if you have a need for flexibility then please discuss this with the hiring manager.
Barclays is an equal opportunity employer and are opposed to discrimination on any grounds. For more detailed information, please visit our dedicated Diversity and Inclusion site here .