Accounts Payable Supervisor
Leading Retail company in Hatfield are seeking an Accounts Payable Supervisor to join on a permanent basis. This is a rare opportunity to join a fantastic business who offer a great working environment, great salary package & benefits and a great career path. This position is an integral part of their Finance function and will be running their Accounts payable team, whilst also being the strategic lead on process changes.
My client have gone through a fantastic period of growth and are now a big player within the Retail sector. They have a year on year growth of over 12% and partner with many organisations across the UK and the US. They are seeking an Accounts Payable Supervisor to join their friendly and growing Finance team, you will be encouraged to bring on new ideas and process changes.
Some of the key Accounts Payable Supervisor duties are as follows:
- Supervise a team of Accounts Payable clerks, motivating them and conduct 1-1's
- Driving a high performance culture within your team
- Operational and Strategic involvement
- Take the finance lead on new invoicing process
- Drive improvements within your team and stream line AP processes
- Lead on system changes
- Manage the Purchase order process
- Ensure all new suppliers are credit checked
- Working with other team members to drive this process forward and obtain stakeholder engagement
- Treasury -Key contact with Barclays and Lloyds on all banking matters.
- Cash flow management and reporting
- Bank reconciliations
- Provide financial information required for the completion of the month end, year end, budget and forecast
- Ensure clear and well-understood processes exist for bank account changes
The successful Accounts Payable Supervisor profile will ideally
- Have a Management background, ideally have led an Accounts Payable team
- Consider a Part Qualified or QBE candidate
- Have experience of working in a high pressurised environment
- Be diligent and high attention to detail
- Posses an accounting background, experience of Treasury/Management Accounts
Whats on offer?
- The chance to work for a fantastic company who are a market leader
- Competitive salary and benefits package
- Varied and interesting role, both strategic and operational
- The chance to work with a friendly team, your role will be an integral part of the Finance function