Finance Manager - EMEA
Finance Manager (EMEA)
Our business is revolutionising the way banking and commercial transactions happen with our distributed ledger technology. It allows for not only dramatic efficiencies in the way commercial transactions occur but enables new things that haven't even been thought of yet. We are creating a new future for global commerce.
We are a start-up with big ambitions and possibilities in the heart of a technology revolution. To succeed here you'll need to be resilient to continual change, open to ambiguity and able to take full ownership to translate some big ideas from concept-to-production. Making this type of impact requires self-starters with an intellectual curiosity and drive to win. We need people who will think ahead of the curve not just do the job. It's a lot of work, but a lot of fun. If you are willing to put in the hard yards you can be a part of something much bigger than a job.
We are looking for a well-rounded, qualified accountant to manage the finance function for the EMEA region. Based in London, the position will hold responsibility for all aspects of Finance for our recently incorporated and rapidly expanding EMEA footprint. The position will work closely with the Global Finance Director to implement and deliver our finance plan for the region, across all aspects of internal and external reporting, statutory compliance and tax.
You will demonstrate strong accounting and analytical skills, alongside excellent communication and interpersonal skills, working closely with senior management across the organisation.
Duties & accountabilities: -
- Be responsible for directly line managing the Management Accountant (EMEA), providing structure to day to day and longer-term tasks
- Ensure the Management Accountant (EMEA) has clearly defined short term and long-term objectives alongside a clear career development plan, providing guidance and feedback through ongoing performance appraisals
- Contribute to the development of the wider Global Finance team
- Be responsible for the month end management accounting, including multi-currency reporting, for multiple entities and products
- Work closely with both in house and external accounting functions to ensure the correct reporting of costs and revenues
- Ensure complete and accurate balance sheet positions are maintained, and are supported through monthly balance sheet reconciliations
Business Reporting and Planning
- Lead the provision of accurate and timely monthly financials to senior management, providing analysis and projections of current and future performance
- Assume responsibility for the production of an annual plan and longer term 3 year plan for the EMEA region
Statutory Compliance and Control
- Lead the preparation and filing of annual accounts for the EMEA region
- Ensure that the regulatory requirements of all statutory bodies are met
- Ensure the legal entities in the EMEA region have appropriate financial controls in place and adhere to Group-wide policies
- Work with the Global Finance Director and external advisors to formulate and implement a Transfer Pricing policy, ensuring intercompany transactions are accurately reflected in the underlying books and records of the relevant legal entities
- Ensure all direct and indirect tax returns are completed, filed and paid on time
- Work with external advisors to highlight potential risks and uncertainties to the Global Finance Director
- Strong academics, including a minimum 2:1 or equivalent undergraduate degree
- Recently qualified member of an accountancy body (ACA,CIMA,ACCA)
- Knowledge of US GAAP advantageous but not essential
- Commercially astute, articulate and technically strong
- Exceptional communication skills at all levels
- Strong IT skills, with a focus on system development
- Ability to handle high levels of pressure and critical decision-making
- Highly motivated, with a commitment to innovation in pursuit of business growth and success.
Salary and Benefits
£45,000 - 55,000 per annum
Robert Half Ltd acts as an employment business for temporary positions and an employment agency for permanent positions. Robert Half is committed to equal opportunity and diversity. Suitable candidates with equivalent qualifications and more or less experience can apply.
Apply for Finance Manager - EMEA
Already uploaded your CV? Sign in to apply instantly