Accounts Payable Manager
An international advertising company are looking to recruit an accounts payable manager who can develop and push forward the ever expanding finance team.
The company is a global marketing and advertising company who have been trading for many years. They have a growing market share within their particular industry and are looking to continue this growth in the coming years.
Successful candidates will be given duties which include:
- To ensure the accounts payable department meets agreed service levels for each company.
- To own and drive improvements in the processes and workflows.
- To ensure that process workflows are documented and kept up to date.
- To ensure that a rigorous control environment operates without exception across the accounts payable function and be the key contact for both internal and external testers of the control environment.
- To manage the key stake holders in each agency and build good relationships, representing AMV Group finance to the businesses.
- To be able to tailor communications to different stakeholders (team members, suppliers, agency personnel, senior management etc.)
- To ensure appropriate escalation of issues when they arise, minimise issue turnaround time and reoccurrence of issues through improved processes.
- To manage direct reports on a day to day basis including performance management and appraisal process.
- To review and approve payment runs and be one of two authorisers with the bank
- To ensure there is an effective training schedule for new employees within the team.
- To ensure the team is sufficiently resourced by identifying and flagging resourcing requirements.
- To provide fortnightly status reports for each agency to the Group Financial Controller.
- To liaise with agency management accountants to ensure accurate coding of invoices and to assist in month end procedures.
- To assist in managing working capital through management of the payment run schedule and ad hoc payments.
- Various team administration tasks including recruitment, holiday management and maintaining compliance with office policies and practices across the accounts payable team.
- Ensuring tax compliance through rigorous application of procedures.
- Encouraging a professional approach within the team
Successful candidates will have a similar profile to:
- Excellent communication skills
- Excellent numeracy skills
- Confident at managing a team
- Good at multi-tasking
- Knowledge of Sage, DDS, Data Valley and/or Microsoft Ax beneficial but not essential, but an ability to understand and learn different systems essential
- Good problem solving skills
- Communicating with senior management
- Resolving conflicts
- An understanding of risk mitigation (controls) in the accounts payable process
- Training and staff development
- Presenting to groups and chairing meetings preferred
A successful candidate will be offered:
£40,000 - £45,000
Hours are 9:30am to 5:30pm
25 days holiday plus bank holidays
Onsite canteen with free breakfast Monday and Friday's
Free chocolate on a Friday afternoon
Regular social outings main events being summer and Christmas party
Dress code is very relaxed - dress down
Private health care