Page Personnel Finance are currently recruiting a Finance Administrator for our client; an independent law firm. Due to their ambitions of growth they are looking for the right candidate to join their accountancy function based in Central London. This role requires a great deal of organisational skills along with accurate numeracy and literacy and confidence to deal with internal and external clients.
Our client has a centuries-long tradition of advising private families, individuals and charitable institutions is today complemented by our clients work with businesses and entrepreneurs, from asset managers and sports bodies to international media groups.
They look to be the market leader in their chosen areas of expertise, advising clients on the contentious and non-contentious legal, business and personal issues they face.
Responsibilities of the Finance Administrator include:
- Generating regular credit control reminder letters, emails and statements to clients, as instructed by the Senior Credit Controller, and following up in a timely manner. Entering and maintaining notes in the Collections system and ensuring that any emails are dealt with promptly, escalating queries as appropriate.
- Monitoring the firm's bills bank account for incoming credits, making transfers as necessary in the online banking system as well as banking cheques received in payment of invoices. Entering receipts into our practice management system.
- Taking card payments via the telephone from clients in settlement of invoices.
- Responsibility for one of the firm's smaller client accounts, dealing with the banking of cheques and any payments out of the account.Reconciling the bank account daily and following up with fee earners and secretaries for any outstanding reconciling items.
- Assisting the Accounts Payable Clerk with posting any payments, for example courier and online search fees.
- Answering both the Accounts and Credit Control team helpline, dealing with queries or passing them onto the appropriate person for follow up/action.
- Opening and distributing of team post.
The successful personality traits of the Finance Administrator:
- Someone ambitious with a desire to gain experience within a legal finance department to assist them in their future career.
- Flexible, open and friendly worker to join a close-knit team.
- Excellent, confident telephone manner and good communication skills both verbally and in writing.
£20,000 with additional benefits