Senior Management Accountant
Senior Management Accountant is needed for a permanent role near Didcot.
Your new company
This organisation is a fast paced, commercially-driven public services client who has just secured £100M of funding for their various research projects. The Finance Directorate now have vacancies for three Senior Management Accountants to support Directorates/Departments at their Head quarters near Didcot . The posts will be based on the Harwell Campus, however occasional travel to other local sites may be required.
Your new role
You will manage a small team responsible for supporting the departmental directors in financial planning and management. You will engage with the department's management team at both a strategic and an operational level, playing an active role in:
- the process of bidding for and winning new projects
- ongoing financial management of the department's projects and activities
- performance management including budgeting, forecasting, reporting and analysis
- strategic financial planning.
You will be expected to develop a thorough understanding of all aspects of departmental activities from a financial perspective and be well integrated with the departments, maintaining excellent working relationships with the project managers, business management staff and the senior management team. You will also need to communicate effectively within the wider Finance team in order to coordinate departmental finances with the organisation's overall financial planning and management.
What you'll need to succeed
- qualified/part qualified or qualified by substantial financial experience
- proven track record of quality service delivery and problem-solving
- management skills: ability to organise and motivate a team
- experience of Oracle including Oracle Project Accounting module is desirable
- good working knowledge of MS Excel, Word and Access
- strong analytical skills: ability to see the big picture as well as good attention to detail
- excellent interpersonal and communication skills, with the ability to deal with staff at all levels
- ability to present and explain financial information clearly to non-financial staff
- flexibility and a willingness to embrace change and question the rationale for existing processes
- highly motivated with a "can do" attitude
- ability to work under pressure, prioritise and deliver to tight deadlines.
What you'll get in return
Attractive package including average salary pension scheme, flexible working patterns, especially for parents.
Free parking and other benefits in an out of town location.
What you need to do now
If you're interested in this role, click 'apply now' to forward an up-to-date copy of your CV, or call us now.
If this job isn't quite right for you but you are looking for a new position, please contact us for a confidential discussion on your career.