Main purpose / scope of the role The credit control team is responsible for the prompt collection of invoices The purpose of the role is to minimise debtors in terms of value and DSO, promptly resolve any disputes or queries from debtors, maximise cash inflows and promptly alert senior management to matters requiring escalation. Key Responsibilities Reporting to a Senior Credit Controller, the credit controller is responsible for a portfolio of accounts for a specific geographical area and / or customer segment. The credit controller is responsible for regular contact with the customers by phone and / or email, chasing payment for overdue invoices, dealing with queries and disputes and liaising with colleagues across the business to resolve queries so that invoices can be paid. The credit controller is expected to manage their portfolio by ensuring that follow-up deliverables are met, all accounts are contacted regularly and any queries or issues are promptly resolved or escalated. Main tasks of role:
- Regular contact with customers to chase overdue debts
- Liaise with colleagues to ensure prompt and accurate allocation of receipts
- Dealing with colleagues across Finance and the wider business to resolve customer queries or disputes
- Reporting such as account summaries and reconciliations as required by customers
- Reporting to senior credit controller and Finance management on the status of significant debtors, taking responsibility for actions required to reduce debt
- Liaising with Finance colleagues to escalate overdue debtors for enforcement action
What you need to do now
If you're interested in this role, click 'apply now' to forward an up-to-date copy of your CV, or call us now.
If this job isn't quite right for you but you are looking for a new position, please contact us for a confidential discussion on your career.