Project Manager / Controls Coordinator (Aviation)
Barden is working with a top tier aircraft leasing business in Dublin to identify a qualified accountant, at AM or 1st year Manager level, to take on a high visibility role with (ironically!) little travel. Working across SOX Project Co-ordination and Business integration you will gain significant exposure to senior stakeholders, manage one person (SOX Tester) and work closely with a key director in the global business.
ABOUT THE ROLE:
- Work with process owners to develop, maintain and review SOX documentation.
- Assist in the analysis and review of key internal control procedures, risk and control matrices, and test plans, including the update of all process related documentation, control testing and deficiency analysis.
- Ensure key controls identified agree with control matrices, test plans and process flows.
- Monitor compliance with Company Accounting Policies and internal control frameworks.
- Prepare, analyse, evaluate and document internal controls testing assessments and their results.
- Assist in the co-ordination and tracking of internal and external testing of controls, tracking the status of gaps and remediation actions.
- Assist in the remediation of deficiencies in internal controls
- Work in as a Project Manager across a variety on merger/acquisition related integration projects.
"This role is more about managing projects than actually being involved in the testing. It is a perfect stepping stone for someone into Aircraft Leasing and will position them well to access internal opportunities in time." - COO
ABOUT THE PERSON:
- Qualified accountant with 0-2 years' PQE
- Experience in SOX and internal controls preferable. Need not be an expert but exposure to SOX through Audit is sufficient.
- Have strong organisational, project management and communication/presentation skills
- Proven ability to solve problems within tight deadlines
- Must enjoy working in a fast-paced and dynamic team environment
Working across all business types, but exclusively within the accounting, finance & tax community, Barden exists to share bespoke advice, guidance and support to professionals along each step of their career journey.