Senior Management Accountant
Operating as an integral part of the finance team, will be responsible for overseeing the monthly management accounts; reporting; budgeting and forecasting.
Additionally, there is a further element of extensive Business Partnering with the Central team to provide insight and analysis in order for the business to develop store performance and overall commercial finance goals.
This is a high profile, dynamic retail brand that can be found on the high-street nationwide. The business is undergoing a rapid extension programme and is dynamic and flexible in their strategy going forward.
- Integral part of Finance Team and Finance Business Partner for the Central team.
- Preparation of daily sales reports by store, weekly store performance reports.
- Monitoring and approving all store related invoices for rent, rates, service charge and insurance.
- Monthly review of all store related charges to the P&L.
- Calculation and posting of all store related financial journals including accruals and prepayments.
- Investigating and explaining all store related cost variances.
- Monthly management accounts and the monthly board pack.
- Year-end audit queries.
- Provide the Central Team with timely and accurate information to allow them to make the right financial and commercial decisions. This includes the preparation of monthly reports (P&L for each store, store cost analyses), as well as ad hoc reporting.
- Financial appraisal of new stores.
- Educated to degree level
- Qualified accountant - ACA; CIMA or ACCA
- Strong analytical skills with attention to detail and accuracy.
- Strong communication and inter-personal skills.
- Naturally inquisitive and not afraid to challenge the status quo.
- Expert user of excel, with the ability to manipulate large volumes of data.
- Quick learner of systems
- Flexible and adaptable and able to work well in a changing environment
£45-50k plus benefits