Group Financial Controller
Management of the Financial Accounting Team ensuring that financial operations/ procedures and systems of the Firm are run in accordance with UK Accounting Standards or other local regulations as applicable.
Ensuring that appropriate procedures and controls are in place to monitor treasury operations and manage cash flow.
My client are a leading international law firm, known for their superior service, large PLC client base and award winning practice
The Group Financial Controller will be responsible for the following: Financial Accounting Manager, International Finance Manager, UK & Central Cost Accountant. Dotted line to International Finance Managers.
Your duties include:
Consolidation of monthly management accounts, snapshot and flash reports including the co-ordination and/or preparation of the regional management accounts (AP, Dubai, Europe);
- Together with the Head of Financial Planning & Analysis, co-ordination of the Firm's budget and forecast processes and further development and continual improvement of the overall process including the consolidation of the budget and forecasts;
- Develop a detailed understanding of the firm's performance so as to provide detailed commentaries on the management accounts through the establishment of good business relationships with key stakeholders;
- Improving our reporting timelines through changes to working practices including accruals and provisioning, with a target turnaround time for the full consolidated management accounts and commentary of within 5 working days of month end close;
- Overall responsibility for the implementation of a robust accruals process as well as overseeing the provisioning for bad debts, WIP valuation and other provisions;
- Taking ownership of and responsibility for the integrity of the general ledger;
- Monitoring and reporting of the Firm's cashflow and working capital metrics as well as developing rolling cash flow forecasts, managing the three year cash flow forecast and reporting to Banks;
- Management of the Firm's international reporting, including international office liaison - office manager/ local finance manager dotted / solid line reporting;
- All statutory accounts filings both in the UK and internationally including the LLP accounts and service company accounts;
Managing the audit process across the firm and monitoring audit spend;
- Special projects as required including assisting with the financial aspects of new office openings, e.g. start up operations, due diligence and mergers;
- Direct supervision, coaching and review of the Financial Accounts Team;
- Direct supervision of other teams within the Finance Department, as agreed from time to time;
- Working closely with other Finance teams, including the Partner Affairs and Tax teams on various aspects of tax and partner accounting.
The Group Financial Controller will be based in London.
What you'll need to be successful:
- Qualified Accountant (ACA/ACCA/CIMA)
Personal Qualities/ Behaviours:
- Excellent interpersonal skills including first class communication skills (both written and oral)
- Confident presenter
- Results and action oriented with good "problem" solving skills
- Positive and pro-active
- Willingness and ability to travel both in the UK and internationally, as the role requires
- High level of systems/IT literacy (particularly Excel, business intelligence)
- Excellent technical accounting skills together with a commercial approach and understanding of the Firm's strategy
- Excellent communicator, persuasive and tenacious, with proven ability to develop relationships at all levels in the business
- Strong time management skills with the proven ability to multi-task and work within a busy environment and meet frequent deadlines
- Accuracy and high level of attention to detail
- Significant international experience, preferably in a law Firm environment, with a good appreciation of the differences in operating outside of the UK
- Building, leading and managing high performing teams
- Experience of change management
- Financial modelling and analysis as well as sound financial accounting skills
- Previous experience of re-engineering business processes advantageous
- An understanding of payrolls would be beneficial for reconciling monthly accounts
Extremely competitive salary and benefits.