Robert Half Accountemps is currently working with an exciting and innovative Property Consultancy company to recruit a new Management Accountant on a contractual basis at a daily rate of £250-275 per day.
- Initial involvement in all accounts procedures to gain understanding of the company and accounts function
- Line management of 3 Accounts Assistants
- Management of the sales invoicing process
- Involvement in/overseeing the procedure of raising invoices
- Assisting the Head of Finance in all month end procedures, leading to the production of accurate and timely management accounts
- Assisting the Head of Finance with preparation for yearend Audit
- Preparing VAT returns and related reconciliations
- Assist the Head of Finance with any ad hoc duties as required
- Ensure efficient and accurate delivery of work from the Accounts Team
- Conduct reviews and career development discussions with direct reports
- Act as a mentor and guide to more junior team members
The successful candidate will need to be exceptionally organised and should have excellent attention to detail, continually reviewing processes to ensure they are efficient and meeting business requirements.
Working as part of a fast growing business, the successful candidate will be supporting the Head of Finance in the efficient running of the Accounts Team across the London and Manchester offices. The role will line manage the Accounts Assistants, including active involvement in the sales invoicing process, and assist in all month end procedures.
Ideal skills are:
- SME experience
- Solid understanding of double-entry and book keeping
- Experience in the month-end process is essential, including balance sheet reconciliations, P&L analysis, and all necessary journals (including prepayments and accruals)
- Proficiency in MS Office, particularly Excel
- Proficiency in accounting software applications (experience of Sage is desirable)
- Well organised, must be able to manage a high and varied workload while maintaining accuracy and quality of work
- Experience of managing a team and mentoring junior employees
- Demonstrable experience of meeting deadlines and high quality of work
- A service orientated individual with good inter-personal skills who can work as part of a team
- Excellent people skills, with ability to build relationships with clients
- Our client is well-renowned and respected building and project consultancy, working in all aspects of commercial property.
Salary & Benefits
As well as the day rate of £250-275 per day, it offers great exposure to a highly professional and deeply commercial team.Easily accessible Central London location.
Robert Half Ltd acts as an employment business for temporary positions and an employment agency for permanent positions. Robert Half is committed to equal opportunity and diversity. Suitable candidates with equivalent qualifications and more or less experience can apply.
Apply for Management Accountant
Already uploaded your CV? Sign in to apply instantly