Interim Commercial Project Finance Manager
Leading Finance role to provide financial management of an important programme of projects. Commercial focus with an emphasis on developing and maintaining strong working relationships with Project Managers, IT and other key stakeholders.
Our Client are a FTSE 100 Listed company and a household name within the Energy sector.
Key responsibilities will include:
- Leading financial planning cycles for budgets and plans, ensuring these are in line with the Programme's objectives and priorities
- Deliver accurate forecasts accompanied by meaningful variance commentary
- Provide insightful reporting and analysis to identify areas for early intervention and carry out regular validation checks to ensure financial data is correctly aligned
- Maintain project finance tools and processes and provide expertise and guidance on their application
- Develop strong working relationships with Project Managers, IT staff and other key stakeholders
- Work closely with Project Managers to review and agree monthly accruals and journals for submission to Finance, ensuring they are adequately supported by documentation for audit purposes
The successful candidate will:
- Be a Qualified Accountant (ACA, ACCA, CIMA or equivalent)
- Have significant experience of complex programme/project accounting and managing large budgets
- Have a background working with large national or multi-national companies
- Have a thorough understanding of the financial components of complex consultancy contracts
- Possess a confident 'end to end' understanding of project accounting functions and practices
- Ideally have a background in Project Management Office and Portfolio Management functions
- Have significant experience of data analysis and how to produce simple and insightful MI
- Have advanced Excel skills (Pivot tables, ideally VBA) and exposure to standard financial tools and systems
- Be commercial and able to quickly build relationships and manage key stakeholders
- Have the skills to influence, lead and resolve conflict
- Be an exceptional communicator, both verbally and in writing
Our Client is offering the chance to join their market-leading organisation on an interim basis. The assignment is expected to last for at least 12 months.