Credit Controller (Chasing Rental Fees)
An exciting opportunity to work in the property industry chasing rental fees in Canary Wharf, London.
The client are a leading firm of chartered surveyors operating from eleven offices across the UK with London representing our key base in the south of England. They deliver practical advice and services to commercial property owners, occupiers and financial institutions to make property work for them, both financially and functionally. You will be working in an accountancy team of 4 credit controllers, reporting into a credit control supervisor.
The responsibilities for credit controller (chasing rental fees) in Canary Wharf, London, are as follows:
- Collect rents and all other charges in accordance with the set target levels.
- Ensure up to date and accurate records are kept of all calls, action taken and correspondence relating to the tenants accounts.
- A minimum of at least 30 chasing calls per day to be made.
- Reviewing and resolving tenant queries where possible.
- Providing copy invoices when requested.
- Report any serious default by tenants to Property Managers/Credit Control Supervisor.
- All incoming communication by email or telephone messages must be responded to within 5 working days.
- Identifying and targeting "Late Payers".
- Follow debt recovery procedures for each client depending on requirements and to liaise with the property manager on any dispute issues on a timely basis.
- Identifying and chasing all charges outstanding after due date.
- Issuing 7 day and final letters where appropriate. Follow up on expiry of the letter. Notifying the property managers and agreeing a course of action.
- Preparing the relevant documentation for Enforcement Agents/Solicitors based on property managers/clients request and approval in accordance with set procedures.
- Monitoring and assisting in clearing items from both the "Unidentified and Unallocated cash" reports.
- Attending arrears meetings with Property Managers or Clients when required.
- Prioritising your workload on a daily basis.
- Ad hoc reporting .
- Assisting the other team members when required.
The successful credit controller (chasing rental fees) will join the accountancy team on a permanent basis and will successful if you have the following qualities/experience:
- Credit Control Experience, within Property Management (chasing rental fees)
- Knowing how to deal with difficult tenants
- Working towards targets (accountancy)
- Working from a personal and communal inbox
- The successful candidate will be energetic, 'can do' attitude and approachable attitude to other team members
The successful Credit Controller (Chasing Rental Fees) will be offered a salary at £28000 based in Canary Wharf, London.
Please do not apply if you cannot easily commute to Canary Wharf or you have not chased from rental fees previously.