Valuation and Risk Controller, Global Markets Operations
The BNP Paribas Group is a leader in banking and financial services, employing over 185,000 people across 75 countries and 5 continents. At BNP Paribas, we work continuously on behalf of our clients, helping them to realise their projects around the world. You can be an important part of this, helping us to serve our clients both in mature and emerging markets, providing them with financial solutions across a diverse range of expertise, products and services. Our origins lie in Europe but nearly a quarter of our employees now work in our multi-award-winning Asian offices and we are a committed player in all APAC markets.
In Asia Pacific, BNP Paribas has been present in the region for over 150 years and plans to grow its business from €2bl EUR to €3bl EUR by the end of 2016. With 9,000 employees in the region and a presence in 14 markets (with 3 main centres in Hong Kong, Singapore and Tokyo), BNP Paribas offers you the chance to grow with us in Asia Pacific.
The candidate's main function is the implementation and execution of independent price valuation control methodologies and risk control of the bank's capital Market position.
This position needs to supervise junior members in the team covering IRFX valuation review, tools and methodologies.
The position is within a small team and will require hands on operational production work as well as judgmental capacity
- Supervise and perform the checks of market data parameters under the team's coverage and responsibility. This includes the development, implementation and review on valuation control process, the tools, the methodologies, the market data checking and the workflow.
- Drive the evolution of market parameter verification processes, including identification of the parameters in use and the assessment of alternative checking methods and sources. Analyze and challenge the current processes/workflow and contribute to their improvement.
- Lead and assist junior team members in building up knowledge on IRFX market, 2nd level review on the valuation work performed by the team
- Actively involved in global IPV process/tools development and contribute to global projects, including automation and standardization of IPV tools and process
- Contribute to the overall visibility of the valuation and risk control function with our stakeholders.
- Contribute to the Indices contribution 2nd level control process. Involvement in development of control and tools for the control
- Build and maintain relationships with Front Office, Middle Office, Finance and Market Risk based on trust, respect and professionalism
- Contribute to other initiatives within V&RC
- Participate in ad-hoc valuation related projects
- Perform cross-region supports within V&RC Asia
- Contribute to the Permanent Control framework.
Technical & Behavioral Competencies
- Minimum 5 years' experience in related discipline in Market Risk / Valuation related position acquired from banking /finance environment, with focus on rates.
- With supervisory experience of a team would be an advantage.
- Good understanding of control techniques and logic.
- Good understanding of Fixed Income products valuation (esp on interest rate, FX) and their associated risk sensitivities. The ability to discuss and resolve valuation issues with traders and market risk specialists is essential.
- Good numerical / mathematical skills. The ability to understand and apply valuation methodologies, including curve construction and model, is essential.
- Good PC skills with VBA & SQL programming is an advantage
- Positive attitude to comply with tight deadlines.
- People oriented and team player
- FRM / CFA qualification would be an advantage
- Bachelor / Master degree holder in Risk Management, Quantitative Finance, Mathematics or related discipline.