Associate Director, Compliance, Retail Banking
* Second Line Risk Control Owner for Retail Banking processes.
* Promote the culture and practice of compliance with compliance standards (including conducting business within regulatory requirements, and to high ethical standards) within the Bank and embed a 'Here for good' culture and the Group Code of Conduct.
* Point of contact for all Retail Banking compliance related matters on segments and distribution.
Key Roles and Responsibilities
* Provide regulatory compliance support for Retail Banking ("RB"), in particular, providing support and advice to RB stakeholders on managing regulatory compliance issues, risks, changes and reform.
* Provide compliance support to RB in reviewing and advising the business on issues on data privacy, confidentiality, outsourcing, conflicts of interest, client vulnerability, suitability in their various initiatives, including sales governance issues through close coordination with Regional and Country RB Compliance Advisers.
* Provide assistance to select Compliance or business initiatives in regions / countries where necessary.
* Provide compliance support to RB in reviewing and advising on marketing enablers for international banking and cross border data sharing, through close coordination with Regional and Country RB Compliance Advisers.
* Provide compliance support to RB in reviewing and advising the Business on branch, voice & virtual, sales, alliance and referrers and employee banking compliance through close coordination with Group business teams and Regional and Country RB Compliance Advisers.
* Help promote and manage, throughout RB, the culture and practice of good conduct and risk management within the letter and spirit of relevant UK and EU legislation, including local Laws and Regulations and all Group standards relating to RB.
* Provide support in highlighting regulatory reforms and risks for the Compliance reports for presentation to business leaders,
* Provide support in the implementation and embedding of UK and EU legislation relevant to RB.
* Review and draft Compliance Procedures, as required, to set standards of compliance risk management through an effective process of risk identification, assessment and mitigation to manage the risks of RB.
* Provide assurance of compliance to internal procedural and external regulatory requirement through the delivery of a comprehensive risk-based Compliance Review and Monitoring programme.
* Draft compliance test steps and assist in the conduct of Compliance Monitoring Reviews
* Support embedding of operational risk frameworks for Retail Banking business.
* Perform other responsibilities assigned under Group, Country, Business or Functional policies and procedures.
Qualifications and Skills
* Degree in Law/Finance/Business from an accredited university
* In-house work experience preferred (min 8-12 year PQE)
* General knowledge of business areas and products and the relevant regulatory requirements and Group standards that would apply and able to work independently and manage projects
* Able to understand risk frameworks
* Team player with good inter-personal skills
* Meticulous, analytical and logical thinker with ability to provide a pragmatic approach to issues
* Flexible, adaptable and prepared to work with shared resources, non-fixed workstations and be based at Changi Business Park
How To Apply
You can search and view current opportunities across our organisation and apply immediately by visiting www.standardchartered.com and selecting Careers. To help speed up your application, please note the following:
- You will need to log in (or register if you are visiting our careers site for the first time) before you can apply for a specific role
- Some roles may require you to undertake an online talent assessment in addition to completing the application form (to facilitate this process it is preferable that you provide us with an email address as part of your contact information)
- We will ask you about your education, career history and skills and experience, it may be helpful to have this information at hand when completing your application
It usually takes 15 - 20 minutes to complete the application form; you can save your application at any time and return to complete it at your convenience.
Diversity and Inclusion
Standard Chartered is committed to diversity and inclusion. We believe that a work environment which embraces diversity will enable us to get the best out of the broadest spectrum of people to sustain strong business performance and competitive advantage. By building an inclusive culture, each employee can develop a sense of belonging, and have the opportunity to maximise their personal potential.