IT Business Analyst
A glimpse of your daily mission:
- Interact with business to manage business requirement throughout the requirement definition phase of projects.
- Study and analyze information to turn the business requirement into technical requirement
- Support the senior business advisor and business advisor throughout the requirement definition phase of projects to ensure the business needs are captured.
- Steer discussions with the customers to ensure that discussions are more meaningful and are an exchange of ideas leading towards more practical and effective solutions through sharing knowledge of market trends and existing One IT solutions.
- Define business requirements in a well-structured manner to ensure that they can be effectively communicated, articulated, and clearly understood by stakeholders of both IT and business.
- To work closely with regional and local team and challenge technical solutions and cost for each proposed
- Managed the end to end deliveries of UAT as a UAT coordinator and defect manager.
- Study and analyse regional and local systems to provide technical support on queries in regards to system behaviour and expected result.
- Study and analyse regional and local systems to provide technical solutioning advise to the business
- Study and analyse the end to end flow of system architecture to ensure solutions is aligned to the system architecture. Work with Solution architech and Regional Architecture Review Board on new solutions.
- Work closely with security officer to ensure solutions are aligned to MAS and group security guildlines
- Work closely with compliance and legal team to ensure solutions are aligned to the MAS guildlines including data protection act.
- Perform system analysis and solutions for local systems
- Close monitoring of system development progress
- Close monitoring of developer progress for local build
- Provide development support if necessary (Minimal)
- Provide Technical support for SIT, UAT and implementaiton.
- Perform UAT job run for SIT and UAT
- Minimal development of local systems and support if required
Successful qualifier of this mission:
- University graduate preferably in Business, Finance, IT or other related disciplines
- 3-5 years proven experience in business requirement gathering & specification, user acceptance testing and user management, of which solid experience in the insurance industry.
- 3-5 years experience in IT development (Coding/programming) preference in (i) RPGILE or/and (ii) Visual Basic (VB), .asp, MS SQL and VB.net
- 3-5 years experience in General, Group and Health Insurance
- 3-5 years experience in Polisy/SEA and Group/400
- Possess knowledge of insurance product/ business processes in the Life, P&C and/or Health insurance industry (preferred). FLMI destination is an advantage.
- A professional Certification in Rational Object Oriented Analysis and Design/ Rational Requirements Management with Use Cases Certification / Rational Unified Process Certification is preferred.
- Strong analytical and problem solving skills.
- Organize, structure and be able to do detailed analysis work and documentation independently and also as a team.
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills.
- Fluency in verbal and written English communications essential.
- Working experience in Asian countries, with understanding of the country characteristics, cultures and work style is an advantage.
- Be able to make occasional travel to other Asian countries as needs arise.