Senior Bookkeeper - Part Time
The company is looking for a PART TIME Senior Bookkeeper within an exciting and rapidly growing company that has founded five brands within the lifestyle, personal care and home appliance products market. The company currently sell our products in seven countries and are quickly looking to add more.
The company have a unique opening for the right person to join the finance team in the role of PART TIME Senior Bookkeeper. This role provides support to the Head of Operations and overseen by the Part Time Finance Director and is accountable for all functions of bookkeeping required to accurately maintain and substantiate the General Ledger for multiple entities.
Successful candidates will be given duties which include:
- Data entry as required performing regular daily duties.
- Maintaining the integrity of the General Ledger and substantiating the data as part of the reconciliation process.
- Processing and Management of Accounts Receivable and Payable.
- Preparing and submitting statutory reporting when required.
- Ad Hoc Reporting as required by Management.
- Using a financial control framework, including financial accountabilities and authorities to ensure full financial control.
- Support to the Sales, Customer Service, and Operations teams as required on an add hock basis.
- Maintain cash books, monitor bank statements and other documentation and perform bank reconciliations monthly.
- Monitor and manage cash flow.
- Manage suppliers' purchase invoices and produce accounts paperwork
- Keep sales and purchase daybooks and ledgers and reconcile monthly.
- Produce sales ledger statements, monitor debtors and receipts and chase overdue accounts.
- Liaise with supplier's paperwork and produce statements of their accounts and make payments as required.
- Check suppliers' invoices including proper authorisation and make payments.
- Maintain the nominal ledger, review to ensure accuracy including control accounts and post journals as necessary.
- Produce monthly trial balances as well as monthly accounts.
- Prepare the quarterly VAT returns and EC Sales List and submit to HMRC.
- Keep petty cash and related records and also company credit card records.
- Perform all payroll duties and make and submit all payments and returns as and when necessary to HMRC.
- Prepare reports and other management information both monthly and when requested.
A successful candidate will have a profile similar to:
- AAT Qualified accountant - desirable
- Searching for PART TIME work
- Accounting for Amazon marketplace - desirable.
- Strong organizational and self-management skills.
- Meticulous attention to detail and accuracy in work product.
- Ability to meet and establish deadlines.
- Ability to thrive in a fast-paced environment.
- Intermediate applications software expertise (Excel and Xero accounting software).
- Minimum of 3 years within a senior bookkeeping role.
- Worked within entrepreneurial lead SME is desirable.
- Retail, importing, stock and payroll desirable.
- Excellent interpersonal skills and a team player.
A successful candidate will be offered:
£30,000 on a Pro-Rata basis - 2 Days Per Week
Take Home approx £13,000