Senior Consultant - Strategy & Operations (M&A focused) - Consulting - Hong Kong
About Deloitte China
The Deloitte China network of firms, backed by the global Deloitte network, deliver a full range of audit, consulting, financial advisory, risk advisory and tax services to local, multinational and growth enterprise clients. We are one of the leading professional services providers in this marketplace with 21 offices in Beijing, Hong Kong, Shanghai, Changsha, Chengdu, Chongqing, Dalian, Guangzhou, Hangzhou, Harbin, Hefei, Jinan, Macau, Nanjing, Shenyang, Shenzhen, Suzhou, Tianjin, Ulaanbaatar, Wuhan and Xiamen in China.
The Deloitte purpose is about making an impact that matters to our clients. Our extensive service spectrum enables us to help clients become leaders wherever they choose to compete. Deloitte is committed to investing in our people and empowers them to achieve more than they could elsewhere. Our work combines advice with action and integrity. We believe that when our clients and society are stronger, so are we.
To learn more about how Deloitte makes an impact that matters in the China marketplace, please connect with our Deloitte China social media platforms via www2.deloitte.com/cn/en/social-media.
Deloitte Consulting is the world's largest management consulting practice. In China we are one of the top consulting firms. Our team comprises around 1,600 bilingual consulting talents located in eight cities in China including Shanghai, Beijing, Hong Kong, Shenzhen, Guangzhou, Cheng Du, Chong Qing and Harbin. In global, we have over 44,000 professionals spreading in over 100 countries/locations. Deloitte Consulting is ranked No.1 in global consulting marketplace by revenue by Kennedy, a leading publisher of consulting marketplace analysis products. In China, Deloitte Consulting is ranked as one of the top 3 consulting service providers by Gartner, a global leading IT research and advisory company. Deloitte consulting is awarded as "the Best HR Consulting Firm".
Job Description and Responsibility
As a Senior Consultant, you will have opportunity to work on various M&A projects ranging from M&A strategy development, target screening, due diligence support, integration / separation planning, and program management. In addition, you will have the opportunity to work on projects focusing on
- Corporate strategies
- Growth strategies in the S&O sector
- Business transformation and operational efficiencies
- Organisational design and restructuring
- Business analytics
- PMO, sales & marketing, R&D, supply chain & operation and cost efficiency
- Deliver M&A engagements involving M&A strategy development, due diligence support, cost and synergy estimation, integration and separation planning, integration / separation program office (IMO / SMO) setup and management
- Lead and contribute to a workstream involving planning, stakeholder management, workstream management involving activities:
- Developing corporate and M&A strategy, target screening and evaluation
- Conducting objective assessments to understand corporate strategy, operations, organization, and IT system landscape
- Developing separation / integration readiness assessment. Identifying integration / separation complexities. Developing realistic solutions to address those complexities
- Developing synergy and cost estimates
- Assisting due diligence teams with necessary inputs on strategy and operational issues
- Developing detailed and cohesive integration / separation plan and cost estimates
- Developing cost and synergy models, assess current operation model, develop transitional and steady state operating model and processes, organization structure and IT system transition
- Contribute to integration / separation management office (IMO / SMO. to manage the post-merger integration activities across multiple transition workstreams
- Lead Day 1 Readiness activities, work with due diligence team and client team to prepare for Day 1 (e.g. transaction service agreement term sheet drafting, integration blueprint development, negotiation support, clean room operations and etc.)
- Leverage Deloitte's M&A methods, tools, and assets to deliver M&A strategy, integration / separation planning, TSA development and tracking, integration blueprint, negotiation support, clean room operations, etc.
- Liaise with program management and senior client executives to achieve successful
- Support proposal development, key issues identification and summarization; outline project approach; draft proposal content
- Coach, mentor and develop the junior team on each project.
- 4 - 6 years of consulting experience. Experience in a top tier consulting firm and / or Big 4 transaction services and / or investment banking or in-house strategy and M&A function with practical experience in managing M&A strategy, due diligence support, integration and separation projects; a mixture of management consulting / Big 4 M&A Services and corporate M&A experience is ideal
- MBA from a well-recognized business school or Master in Finance, Economics, Engineering or related majors is preferred
- Numerate, detailed-oriented, analytical mind-set. Strong written and oral communications in English. Cantonese and Mandarin are highly desirable, and able to foster open dialogue among the team
- Proven core consulting skills including: slide design, document story lining, problem solving, analytics and modelling
- Ability to interface with senior level client execute and confidently present ideas, as well as drive discussions towards concrete results
- Knowledge of M&A strategy, integration and divestiture project delivery experience; having successfully managed or led complex projects in a large corporate environment
- Exposure to Project Management, having been involved in complex, multi-function/multi-stakeholder projects in a large corporate environment
- Flexibility to accommodate client travel requirements, when applicable
- Experience in working across complex matrix environments, the ideal individual should also be international in their outlook as well as culturally sensitive. Preferably should have previous international assignment experience, if not from Asia-Pacific
- Able to deliver complex M&A projects across the deal lifecycle with emerging business development skills
- Proven capabilities for team development and coaching with strong networking ability and client management
- Effectively lead and mentor a team, demonstrated history of taking leadership roles both at work and outside of work
(Candidates with more experience will be considered as Manager.)
Deloitte Touche Tohmatsu in Hong Kong is the DTTL member firm in China. Deloitte China practice operates in Mainland China, Hong Kong and Macau through Deloitte Touche Tohmatsu in Hong Kong and its affiliates including Deloitte Touche Tohmatsu Certified Public Accountants LLP in Mainland China, Deloitte Touche Tohmatsu and Deloitte Touche Tohmatsu - Sociedade de Auditores in Macau. Deloitte Touche Tohmatsu in Hong Kong and its affiliates operating in Mainland China, Hong Kong and Macau are collectively referred to as Deloitte China.
Requisition code: CN138816