Director, Client Tax Operation
Key Roles and Responsibilities
PURPOSE AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
* Development and implementation of a fit-for-purpose target operating model for Client Tax Operations globally, including the effective engagement with relevant business, compliance and group tax stakeholders, and governance committees.
* Development, implementation, ownership and ongoing improvement of all relevant processes performed/to be performed by the Client Tax Operations team, including:
o Monitoring and case management for changes in circumstance (including form expiry and renewal of supporting documentation when required);
o Client consent for reporting (where required);
o Annual account aggregation, review and remediation processes;
o Annual Relationship Manager attestation process;
o Data quality monitoring and Management Information reporting; and
o Ad-hoc client tax related remediation initiatives.
* Direct day-to-day performance management, training and professional development of the Client Tax Operations team, currently comprising of four Client Tax Operations Officers based in Singapore, and coordination with relevant Operations teams in Jersey, London, and New York.
* Support of all relevant organisational projects through involvement in project steering committees, working groups, and other activities, as required.
Qualifications and Skills
KNOWLEDGE SKILLS AND EXPERIENCE:
* Master's Degree, ACCA, CFA, CPA, ACA or equivalent professional qualification highly desirable.
* Substantial experience in legal, compliance, and regulatory risk management.
* Substantial experience in the banking industry, including demonstrated success in a similar role.
* Sharp business acumen (including ability to assess risk and appropriate levels of return), strong leadership qualities, excellent interpersonal skills, and multicultural awareness and sensitivity.
* Leadership and management skills. Leadership qualities as evidenced by strong peer recognition, industry recognition, and/or regulatory recognition. Demonstrated success in the ability to effectively prioritise multiple tasks across a geographically-dispersed, complex product base and a highly varied customer and stakeholder base
* Advanced knowledge of risk identification, risk assessment, controls development, training, monitoring, and reporting. Core grasp of project management and ability to prioritise and manage multiple tasks in a high-pressure environment.
* Advanced technical knowledge of laws and regulations relevant to the Group's key business with advanced ability to analyse these and co-relate regulatory issues to products and business models. Track record of good judgment enabling the provision of sound advice in difficult areas of law, regulation and practice and the proactive management of legal, regulatory and reputational risks. Sound judgement on business practices, regulatory relationship management, and reputational risk.
* Exemplary integrity, ethics, independence, and resilience.
* Personal authority with proven ability to establish relationships and provide strong direction at the most senior levels of the Group and with regulators and other external stakeholders.
* Project management experience advantageous.
* Client Segment Project Governance Committees
* Global Tax Compliance Programme Steering Committee
* Client Tax Information Reporting Programme Steering Committee
How To Apply
You can search and view current opportunities across our organisation and apply immediately by visiting www.standardchartered.com and selecting Careers. To help speed up your application, please note the following:
- You will need to log in (or register if you are visiting our careers site for the first time) before you can apply for a specific role
- Some roles may require you to undertake an online talent assessment in addition to completing the application form (to facilitate this process it is preferable that you provide us with an email address as part of your contact information)
- We will ask you about your education, career history and skills and experience, it may be helpful to have this information at hand when completing your application
It usually takes 15 - 20 minutes to complete the application form; you can save your application at any time and return to complete it at your convenience.
Diversity and Inclusion
Standard Chartered is committed to diversity and inclusion. We believe that a work environment which embraces diversity will enable us to get the best out of the broadest spectrum of people to sustain strong business performance and competitive advantage. By building an inclusive culture, each employee can develop a sense of belonging, and have the opportunity to maximise their personal potential.