Summary of the role:
As a result of expansion in their sector and planned further growth Robert Half are seeking to employ a management accountant who will also manage the Payroll and HR admin departments. This is an ideal opportunity for an ambitious individual to work closely with decision makers and make a real difference in a company planning to grow significantly.
Overall purpose of the position:
The purpose for this role is to produce timely management accounts including KPI's to enable senior managers to make decisions based on timely and accurate information. The role is also responsible for managing the yearly budget and revised forecast process including cash forecasts. There is a watching management brief over the HR and payroll team to assist and advise them on issues that need to be resolved and be a conduit between line managers, HR team and external HR advisers on the critical issues.
- To produce the management accounts for all divisions including consolidated P&L, Balance Sheet, Cash Flow Statements, KPIs and variance analysis against budget/forecast.
- To manage to yearly budget process with Divisional Managers for delivery to the FD for review.
- To manage Revised forecast process in the same format as the budget.
- Preparation of a rolling 13 week cash forecast.
- To review and assist Divisional Managers in Financial Appraisal of capital projects.
- To analyse and question results with Divisional Managers to encourage efficiency's and cost reductions where applicable.
- To perform any ad-hoc duties that may be required
- To oversee the audit physical stock checks and investigate any significant stock adjustments.
- To attend Divisional Manager meetings and recommend and corrective actions and improvement processes.
- To oversee production of suitable KPIs from HR/Payroll department and issues to Divisions.
- To liaise with external HR advisors on HR issues that need to be escalated.
- To perform the job in order with the companies policy's.
- Applicant must have previous experience at a similar level and be a qualified/finalist ACA, ACCA or CIMA.
- The applicants should be advanced in Excel, proficient in word and PowerPoint.
- Preference may be given to applicants who have industry experience, worked at a similar level in the finance department of a SME company.
- Has experience using Sage 1000 or a similar ERP package
If you are interested in applying then send you application to Vincent Smith at Robert Half;
Robert Half Ltd acts as an employment business for temporary positions and an employment agency for permanent positions. Robert Half is committed to equal opportunity and diversity. Suitable candidates with equivalent qualifications and more or less experience can apply.