Interim Business Analyst
Our client - a very well known Glasgow based business - are looking for an interim Business Analyst for an initial 6 month contract
A household name and well known Glasgow based business
The role will include:
- Using your systems and analytical skills, this role involves a combination of maintaining existing reports/models, and creating ad-hoc reports to support senior management.
- Build and maintain effective relationships with multiple business managers and the wider stakeholders.
- Close liaison with the finance team, as well as internal intranet/software developers.
- Build knowledge and develop expertise of in-house systems (MS SQL Server 2012 tables and columns and Excel reports).
- Familiarisation with data extracts and criteria/definitions of business products
Extensive experience of delivering tailor made reports, by manipulating data extracts from multiple software.
Assist with a Cognos implementation
The successful candidate will:
- Self-motivated and able to work without supervision
- Excellent excel skills (working with pivots, advance formulas and external connections)
- Strong stakeholder engagement (build and maintain relationships with Directors)
- Demonstrate business acumen
- Enthusiastic / eager to learn and develop skills
- Inquisitive and analytical mind
- Good attention to detail, efficient and able to produce accurate work
- Advanced excel user
- MS SQL Server Management 2012 (import/export data, SQL queries, designing views)
- Quick learner of new systems
A competitive interim salary