I am currently working with a market leading business based in Folkestone who are recruiting for a Finance Manager.
My client are a well known and well respected employer in the Kent area and are based at one of Kent's most beautiful and distinctive offices. Having undergone a re-structure they are now recruiting for a talented Finance Manager to join their team.
- Lead the delivery of monthly internal financial reports
- Continually review and improve the control and process environment.
- Lead the preparation of Solvency II deliverables, working closely with the Actuarial Department to ensure all data points are collected accurately and within the required timeframes. Build and then demonstrate a detailed understanding of the regulations to ensure analytical procedures are robust and risks/errors are quickly identified.
- Forecast and budget solvency capital requirements.
- Build excellent working relationships with external underwriting partners
- Deliver Financial Statements for all relevant legal entities, in line within internal and external requirements.
- Deliver Corporation, VAT and Insurance Premium Tax returns, ensuring all processes and reporting is in line with current tax best practice and guidance.
- Be the technical lead for Financial Accounting. Roll out any change requirements under new or existing IFRS Accounting Standards, including the drafting of accounting papers for internal and external use and the training of staff.
- Act as the key point of contact with the External Auditors and lead the plan for delivery of the interim review and full year audit.
- Prepare monthly balance sheet variance analysis, demonstrating a clear and detailed understanding of variances during review meetings. Champion the appropriate use of analytics in all processes undertaken by the Team.
- Track and manage balance sheet risks and opportunities. Ensure emerging issues are flagged early and solutions are proposed.
- Validation and timely payment of key suppliers.
- Ensure the business and customers are supported at all times, including the speedy resolution of payment and finance related IT issues. Manage the work required to quickly and efficiently clear all outstanding claims agent queries.
- Implement, monitor and deliver all financial control requirements.
- Responsible for the mentoring and development of 3 staff, provide strong leadership and motivation to both direct reports and other members of the team.
- Develop and maintain a suite of process documents covering the preparation of the monthly management accounts and statutory returns.
- Point of expertise for all of the Team's internal customers including Directors, operational managers and other finance teams.
- Manage finance related IT development programmes, bug reporting and testing.
- Identify potential process automation, preparing "change requests" which recommend changes, without increasing risks.
- ACA/ACCA/CIMA fully qualified
- Staff management experience
- Highly organised
- Outgoing nature
- Excellent Excel ability
- Competitive benefits package