A Part Qualified Assistant Accountant job based in Chesterfield paying c.£23,000 for a growing FMCG company
Your new company
Based in Chesterfield and accessible from all directions, this FMCG Company are forward thinking and fast growing. They have acquired multiple businesses and are looking to develop the business through natural and acquisitive growth. The requirement for an Assistant Accountant has come as a result of growth over the past 2 years.
Your new role
You will be a central member not only to the finance team but the wider office as you learn about the business and support other functions. You can expect typical responsibilities to include:
- Provide weekly sales reporting and analysis to all internal and external stakeholders.
- Maintain strong cash controls including full cash and card reconciliations on a weekly basis. Responsibility for purchase ledger account maintenance, including weekly payment runs.
- Assisting in monthly management account preparation including Accruals and prepayments; Balance sheet reconciliations; Variance review and reporting; Margin analysis; Board reporting pack.
- Assist in budgeting process and supporting information.
- Supporting ad hoc reporting as required to support the Management team.
What you'll need to succeed
To be successful in your application you should have strong excel skills including v-lookups and pivot tables; be comfortable in a fast paced environment; be commercially minded; and ideally working towards either ACCA, CIMA, or ACA. Qualified by Experience candidates will be considered whilst Part Qualified active studiers are preferred.
What you'll get in return
In return for 37.5 hours per week, you will receive a salary in the region of c.£23,000 dependent on experience. Annual leave entitlement is to be discussed but very competitive, along with study support for your chosen qualification, onsite parking, and supportive benefits.
What you need to do now
If you're interested in this role, click 'apply now' to forward an up-to-date copy of your CV, or call us now.
If this job isn't quite right for you but you are looking for a new position, please contact us for a confidential discussion on your career.