A newly created role for a Systems Accountant to join this innovative technology business based in Leeds. This role will help develop reporting both internally and to external stakeholders and will do this by to leveraging the current Business Intelligence analytical reporting system.
An innovation award winning business based in Leeds with a great culture and work life balance.
A newly created role for a Systems Accountant to join this innovative technology business based in Leeds. This role will use your accountancy skills to help develop reporting both internally and to external stakeholders and will do this by to leveraging the current Business Intelligence analytical reporting system.
Key areas of delivery will include:
- Act as the Business Intelligence tool Super User to support the maintenance of a consolidated, robust and controlled reporting environment
- Analyse data to identify any integrity issues within the BI tool, including assisting in the implementing software applications or upgrades and liaising with third-party vendors to rectify issues as required.
- Maintain the static data required for organisational reporting particularly cost centre, subjective, analysis 1 code and other associated hierarchies to ensure data quality and the integrity of the BI Tool.
- Provide training for finance and non-finance staff, on both basic and specialist issues, including internal and external financial reporting.
Systems Accountant candidates will be fully qualified ( ACA / CIMA / ACCA / CIMA or equivalent ) or with significant relevant practical experience.
In addition you will be able to demonstrate the following skills and experience:
- Proven ability to develop and maintain a robust financial reporting environment; to ensure that complex financial data is controlled.
- Ability to develop finance processes, procedures and systems within a management or programme accounting function in order to improve business efficiency and to meet stakeholder, accounting standards and internal requirements
- Experience and good understanding of the procedures of a Finance department to prepare process workflows to assist in the improvement of reporting and management of financial data in the Finance Department.
- Ability to provide advice and support to the business on issues relating to financial systems
- Demonstrable experience of adapting processes and procedures and embracing changes required to meet current and future service requirements.
- Experience of producing monthly, quarterly and annual analysis and reports to inform senior decision making
- High level of IT literacy across standard packages with excellent knowledge and significant experience of Microsoft Excel and Office
- Strong analytical skills in reviewing and evaluating complex financial data, significant knowledge of management and financial reporting and demonstrable experience of reporting database structures.
- Develops custom outputs to analyse and present information in a new format (eg using databases or spreadsheets) - suitable for accounting purposes and/or for non-finance users
- Experience of writing and designing bespoke reports and adapting systems to meet finance or business need
c£31,000 - £41,000 depending upon relevant experience plus generous pension and 27 days holiday