Indirect Tax Specialist, Multinational Bank
A varied role, working closely with The Head of Tax on a range of VAT and broader tax issues to ensure compliance and risk optimisation for the London office of a Japanese bank.
The London based securities and investment banking arm of a Japanese financial services group. With a primary focus on client based activities, its wide range of services includes sales and trading in both debt and equity securities, the underwriting of new issues and M&A advisory services.
- Provision of technical advice to all areas of the Bank, particularly in respect of VAT
- Assist the Head of Taxation with a review of new products
- Review of transaction documentation to mitigate the Bank's tax risk and ensure compliance with tax regulations
- Assist the Head of Taxation with identification and implementation of new tax legislation that impacts the Bank and keeping management informed accordingly
- Production of the Bank's London branch Corporation Tax and Bank Levy return and calculation of quarterly instalments for review by Head of Taxation.
- Maintenance and monitoring of London branch's Transfer pricing Policy, including adequacy of supporting documentation
- Preparation of the Bank and Building Society Interest return and FATCA/CRS returns
- Assist with production of quarterly HO reporting and tax provisioning
- Support the Head of Taxation in handling European tax issues that affect the Continental offices
- Support for the Finance Department during busy times in reporting (normally at quarter end)
- Experience in preparation of VAT returns
- Knowledge of VAT Partial Exemption methodologies
- Good understanding of tax concepts
- Keen interest in maintaining knowledge of tax legislation changes
- Experience in preparation of tax returns
- Knowledge of banking products and their operation from a tax perspective
- Experience in financial services industry
£50,000 - £58,000 + Bonus + Pension + Health care