Management Accountant - Immediate Start - Gloucester - £30,000-£37,500 - Global Business - 6 Month FTC
My client, a global business are currently looking for a Part Qualified Accountant to support the financials for their UK Services business unit.
This is a great opportunity for development, offering experience in Working Capital Management, Bid Reviews, Order book Reconciliations, Forecasting, Month End Reporting and Project Accounting.
The position will primarily be based in Gloucester, with occasional requirements to visit other sites in the UK. This is a fixed term contract for 6 months with the possibility of extending.
What you'll be doing Primary responsibilities:
- Providing weekly reports on Working Capital across the Client Group.
- Performing internal walkthroughs of existing Working Capital processes to assess opportunities for improvements and identify any failures.
- Managing improvements to Working Capital processes.
- Providing financial support to bids across the Client Group.
- Forecasting Client Group Overheads, and providing detailed variance analysis to actuals.
- Assisting in Order book reconciliations and the validation of Order Intake back to Contracts.
- Supporting the preparation of Client Group P&Ls, Forecasts, Financial Analysis and Reporting.
- Posting monthly journals.
- Reviewing project set up requests, and configuration in SAP.
- Working as part of a high performing Finance team of five.
- Supporting the preparation of Contract Status Reports and Summary Status Reports.
- Guiding Project Management teams on financial processes.
- Supporting finance process improvement tasks.
- Testing new reports in SAP.
- Input into the business plan (budgeting) for future years.
- Some Client Group support to Enterprise Services and Government client groups.
- Ad hoc reporting
What we're looking for
- Part qualified in CIMA/ACCA/ACA.
- Ability to deal with multiple priorities from different stakeholders and manage your deadlines and workload.
- Good communication skills and effective team player.
- Excellent attention to detail.
- Intermediate to advanced Excel skills.
- The ability to be proactive, flexible and adaptable in a fast paced environment.