Deputy Financial Controller (FTC)
Fixed Term assignment - ADM Deputy Faculty Financial Controller with Birmingham City University.
Fixed Term assignment - ADM Deputy Faculty Financial Controller
A vacancy has arisen in the ADM Faculty Finance team. The Deputy Faculty Financial Controller will be report to the Faculty Financial Controller and will be responsible for providing management information to support both operational and strategic business decisions. The assignment will be for a 4 month duration starting mid the late August. The successful candidate will join a busy finance department of 10 people supporting the faculty which comprises 10 schools, over 6,000 students and approximately 350 staff. The faculty has significant research activity, overseas partnerships and modes of teaching vary significantly between schools. The faculty is based in the Parkside building but has schools elsewhere in the City including the schools of Art and Jewellery as well as BIFCA in Wuhan, China. The Parkside building contains workshops to support the art and design based courses as well as media studios which are also shared by another faculty. The key duties will include:
- Constantly updating financial forecasts, communicating the effects of those changes to faculty and university management
- Assisting with the preparation of monthly management accounts
- Payroll forecasting for permanent staff and hourly paid tutors
- Monitoring student enrolment data and the consequent forecasting of tuition fee income
- Assisting faculty management and academic staff in making choices regarding the allocation of funding to enhance student experience, within affordability limits
- Assessing and communicating the levels of risk in financial forecasts
- Helping faculty staff understand the financial consequences of their decisions and the influence of external factors.
- Assisting academic staff in preparing external funding bids and ensuring proper financial control of active projects
To be considered for the role you will be CCAB qualified with previous experience in a similar role. This is a really challenging role in which the successful candidate will get involved in making a variety of operational decisions.
For more information please visit their dedicated recruitment website - hays.co.uk/jobs/birmingham-city-university.