Divisional Finance Director
This opportunity offers fantastic career progression for an experienced PLC / Head of Finance / Divisional Finance Director whose background is focused on Business Partnering / Cost Efficiency and Change.
Specific sector experience within the Transport / Rail or Logistics sector is a pre-requisite.
A South West based PLC with significant UK operations, who is currently undertaking an extensive change and efficiency improvement programme across the group.
Reporting directly to the CFO, this newly created position assumes responsibility for the effective delivery of all Business Partnering activity for the company, supporting each of the functions in the group including:
- Sales - to grow the top line profitably
- Strategy & Proposition Development - to appropriately evaluate the market opportunity for new services, and 'price to win'
- Operations - To ensure maximum opportunity is taken to remove cost from the business using ZBB techniques and rigorous cost control
- Support functions - to efficiently manage costs in Finance, HR and IT and other shared services
- Management of a team of [5-7] professionals delivering outcomes to grow the top line and reduce costs
- Working with third party consultants and advisors on strategic and tactical sourcing & cost out projects
- Managing make-buy and outsourcing opportunities
- Working with partners on bids and strategic opportunities
- Maintaining and sharing a high level of market and competitor insight
Requirements for the role include:
- Chartered Accountant (likely 10 years PQE) with significant experience gained in the Logistics, Rail or Transport sector
- A strong track record of leadership in managing both efficiency improvements and bids/sales
- Willing to travel (short burst 1-3 days) across the multiple locations in the UK, and frequently between the key locations in the North & South
- People management and leadership experience including previous success with managing professional teams and driving high performance
- Experience of working and influencing Board level executives and internal and external senior business stakeholders
A generous and highly competitive PLC package is available.