Finance Business Partner
Working alongside two other business accountants (but within a wider group finance team of c 30), key duties will include the production of forecasts and budgets and business partnering including decision support for Department Directors. You will also be assisting with the implementation of new systems and business processes.
Our client is a privately owned Media Group with nearly £60m of revenue and over 450 staff. It has 3 London offices, 3 regional offices in the UK and an office in Dublin and New York. It is a very profitable, well-funded, ambitious and expanding rapidly. In the last 15 years they have completed over 25 business acquisitions.
- Produce monthly Management Accounts, KPI's, forecasts & budgets for business media magazines, events and conferences.
- Produce forecasts and budgets for the above
- Business partner to Department Directors and Brand Commercial Directors
- Responsibility for Central costs, recharges and TSA (Transitional Service Agreement) accounting and reporting
- Improve & maintain systems, business processes and reporting. Identify efficiencies, cost saving opportunities and revenue enhancing opportunities
- Assisting the commercial finance manager in integrating new businesses
- Newly qualified (CIMA, ACA or ACCA) Accountant
- A minimum of 3 years' experience in commerce and industry
- Bright, keen, proactive self-starter with a passion for improving systems and processes, identifying efficiencies, cost saving opportunities and revenue enhancing opportunities
- Commercial, interested in business and in adding value to commercial managers thinking
- Experience of liaising with non-finance staff and building relationships
- Strong verbal and written communication skills
- Logical thinker with good problem solving abilities.
- Hard working, organised and efficient with a passion for the detail
- Excellent Excel skills
- Calm under pressure with prior experience of producing high quality work to deadlines
- Good team player & strong inter-personal skills
- Media experience, ideally in publishing or similar, strongly desired
- 1st time passes in accountancy exams.
- Previous experience of using the Exchequer accounting system
The successful candidate will be a offered a finance business partner role in Central London with a competitive base salary + benefits.