Financial Reporting Accountant | Leeds
Robert Half have been retained by a listed organisation with revenues in excess of £100m in their pursuit of hiring a Financial Reporting Accountant, this role offers the chosen candidate the chance improve internal controls & become an integral cog within the growing Finance Function.
The primary functions of the role will be:
- Preparation of statutory accounts from management accounting records, including year end management charges and statutory adjustments
- Liaise with finance teams and Group tax to ensure accuracy of statutory reporting
- Work with external auditors to ensure timely completion of statutory reporting
- Tagging of statutory accounts for HMRC
- Assist with legal entity simplification processes
- Proactive in looking for ways to simply the statutory accounts process
- Assist Head of Financial Control with internal controls and risk reporting
Key skill sets for the role will be:-
- Expertise and aptitude for working in and developing the financial systems - SAP & Excel.
- To be/become an expert user of these systems, capable of providing support and training to other members of the finance community and of proposing time-saving solutions through process reviews and better use of these systems.
- Thorough knowledge of IFRS and financial statement reporting requirements
- Good experience of audit and internal control processes
Qualifications and personal attributes:-
- Qualified ACA/ACCA/CIMA
- Mature, confident and outgoing personality
- Autonomous, rigorous and flexible
- Able to prioritise and adapt
- Able to work to deadlines
Salary & Benefits
- £40,000 - £50,000
- 10% performance related bonus
- Company Pension Scheme
Robert Half Ltd acts as an employment business for temporary positions and an employment agency for permanent positions. Robert Half is committed to equal opportunity and diversity. Suitable candidates with equivalent qualifications and more or less experience can apply.